Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
My RB C6 tuning help? >

My RB C6 tuning help?

My RB C6 tuning help?

Old 05-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
My C6 USA wasn't difficult to tune, just different than my other engine brands. I use the 2045 pipe and a OS P4 plug. My speed tunes one way, JS is different, FMS different, and on and on. Most of the problems stem from having the idle gap way off. When the idle gap is set correctly, the top end is easy to tune for upper rpms and the low speed can then be set to idle. When i was taught that all my motors became much easier to tune.

I agree ! Tho IMO tuning skills just comes with experience, the longer you run nitro engines in general, the easier they become to tune.... I have been a nitro head since 1985 when I used to run control line aircraft, back then I was about 12yrs old and couldn't afford RC. Now I need to hear an engine for about 20 seconds to know what it needs LOL...its become so second nature that I actually find it difficult to explain how to tune as i almost have forgotten what I am actually doing , if that makes any sense at all... But in general I see people get better and better the more engines they own, tho they always remember their early engines as being hard to tune, when in reality its just their skills that have advanced, the engines haven't become any easier to tune.....I did find the C6 to be picky on setup, but once you found the sweet spot the engine hummed !
Old 05-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Guys, i pretty much have the idle thing set, now heres something else thats bugging me.-

when its running at a good clip i stab the brakes and my idle drops way way low..almost to the point of stalling then after a second or 2 it come right back to normal. however if i give it a good run and let it almost coast in or lightly on the brakes it idles perfect.. only when i stab the brakes. its not my servo out of adjustment either barrel stops at idle screw.. im starting to think it might be in the clutch. its a 4 shoe losi aluminum flywheel with 4 aluminum shoes and gold springs on all. also running a smart diff in the front with 10,000 center and 2000 in the rear.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I put a Jammin JP3 pipe on it just to see.. I feel like this is a better all around pipe for this engine, i wasnt chasing a tune either.. i held a consistant 230f for 3 tanks in a row.