Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help about OS Pro Mod Motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Mikeymoss

Default Need Help about OS Pro Mod Motor

How can I tell if it is a Pro mod motor or just a reg vspec? Besides the drilled head. Please help. Mike

Old 05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Easiest way to tell without pulling it apart is the crankshaft. The Pro Mod has the black DLC coated crankshaft. Normal v-spec is just raw steel. The Pro Mod crankshaft is also silicone filled and has 2 tungsten slugs in the counterweight. You'd have to have the backplate off to see that though.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Easiest way to tell without pulling it apart is the crankshaft. The Pro Mod has the black DLC coated crankshaft. Normal v-spec is just raw steel. The Pro Mod crankshaft is also silicone filled and has 2 tungsten slugs in the counterweight. You'd have to have the backplate off to see that though.
pro-mod will also have a drilled/lightened blue cooling head, whereas the stock v-spec will not.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 071crazy
pro-mod will also have a drilled/lightened blue cooling head, whereas the stock v-spec will not.
Read his post.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Read his post.
long week, ha!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 071crazy
long week, ha!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you don't have to take the engine apart to tell if the crank is coated

bout to fire up my own version of a modded vspec. Say a prayer
Old 05-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dreaux

omg lol
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

I know. I said "Easiest way to tell without pulling it apart is the crankshaft. The Pro Mod has the black DLC coated crankshaft. Normal v-spec is just raw steel."

Then I said "The Pro Mod crankshaft is also silicone filled and has 2 tungsten slugs in the counterweight. You'd have to have the backplate off to see that though."

Get it now dreaux???
Old 05-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

I know. I said "Easiest way to tell without pulling it apart is the crankshaft. The Pro Mod has the black DLC coated crankshaft. Normal v-spec is just raw steel."

Then I said "The Pro Mod crankshaft is also silicone filled and has 2 tungsten slugs in the counterweight. You'd have to have the backplate off to see that though."

Get it now dreaux???

i ran my dremmeled crank and my super lightened rod and ported sleeve a little while ago.

FAAAASSSSSTTTTTTTT!

But it wont's idle think i took to much off the crank face. Nevermind that the p/s set i used i could push the piston all the way out

Man you want to see a real KNIFE edged rod? you could cut with the one i grinded

but let me tell you, i am going in the right direction. A sleeve that was not so worn out it would have ran alot better. But man it was flat out flying!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

i ran my dremmeled crank and my super lightened rod and ported sleeve a little while ago.

FAAAASSSSSTTTTTTTT!

But it wont's idle think i took to much off the crank face. Nevermind that the p/s set i used i could push the piston all the way out

Man you want to see a real KNIFE edged rod? you could cut with the one i grinded

but let me tell you, i am going in the right direction. A sleeve that was not so worn out it would have ran alot better. But man it was flat out flying!!!
Hahaha. Yay dremmel mods!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Hahaha. Yay dremmel mods!
i live far from the nearest track and work alot. I might be able to go to the track maybe twice a month. So i have to entertain myself any way i can. I am working on a custom break in bench too. Thinking about drilling out the next crank i do. Fill it with puddy but don't know which kind to use. after studying engine mods for a while now and i can closely look at the vspec and ninja crank and see big differences. The ninja crank is not only lightened, filled and coated, the face of the crank has far more aggresive machineing on it. The intake port has sharper degrees on the side of the throat and it has 2 turbo cuts on the crank as opposed to 1 on the vspec. But the vspec has a smoother transition out the throat of the crank. All in all the ninja crank looks superior in dynamics and timing. In reality the cranks on the ninja and speed are optomized. there is litterally nothing else you can get out of it. But i am sure a modder would tell me otherwise.

It really is an excellent upgrade for 100$