Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hows Nitro doing in your area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by prdmetalworks
I knew everyone would stand up for nitro here & thats cool, I love nitro, I wish there were more of them around here! In my statement above I was simply stating that at MY track, with the guys I race with, we are all pretty much faster with electric. There are a couple of "newer" guys that race the truggy class, but most of us have been racing for 10 - 20 years! It is a really tightly matched class with some very good drivers (including sponsered guys).

If you take 10 guys & let them all have 2 laps with each truck, back to back elec. / nitro, all by youself, with no others trucks on the track & the electric is a consistant 1 - 2 seconds quicker for 9 out of 10 guys. Its a pretty safe bet, that the electric is the better / smoother of the 2 powerplants.

Trust me, I would rather race nitro than electric, but if I'm in a 15 minute main & the guys that I usually run neck & neck with beat me by a full lap when we both had very consistant races, I'd say they had the advantage & I have to go electric just to keep pace! If electric had stayed in 1/10th scale where it belongs, this wouldn't even be an issue!

man you have to race with sponser, drivers yikes that sucks ! im lucky enough that i just race, with regular joe drivers like me.

yea 1/10 should of stayed 1/10 not 1/8, i wonder who started the 1/8 electric anyways.

i am curous though why truggy is, more popular in certain places and not others ?

the thing i like about the nitro powerband, is that it has some lang in the powerband when you take off and it feels like you have more control . thats the opposite to me with electric i hated the take, off when i was lineing up for a jump.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
$$$$ thats all i have to say lol.
LOL
Old 05-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Either way I say if there is enough to run them separate then do so. If not then see if the guys will run together... I have driven both and it was a toss up for lap times. I have always been a nitro guy and love the sounds,smells,burns,the work,the freak outs, and even the flame outs just cuz that is er was the sport of Nitro racing here... I spend quite alot of time at our local 1:1 racetracks dirt or pavement and get goose bumps when I get out the car and hear the roar coming from the track... I cant even think of what it would be like if what is happening to our beloved nitro racing would happen to full scale racing..... Electric Nascar anyone? Anyone been to Bristal? You would be able to have a conversation with the people 3 rows over and down from you... Wouldnt need head sets anymore you could just yell at your driver and tell him to pit.... Instead of the talladaga stripe it would be the Talladaga WHOOOOSH.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
man you have to race with sponser, drivers yikes that sucks ! im lucky enough that i just race, with regular joe drivers like me.

yea 1/10 should of stayed 1/10 not 1/8, i wonder who started the 1/8 electric anyways.

i am curous though why truggy is more popular in certain places and not others ?
Electric 1/8 became popular because people wanted 1/8th durability with the convenience of electric plug and play. It wasn't possible until around five or so years ago when lipo technology became some what mainstream because NIMH batteries were simply not capable of the power needs that larger brushless motors require.

We started out using airplane brushless motors and very expensive lipo packs. Guys like Rc-monster started manufacturing simple motor mounts. The cars were basically frankenstein creations for bashers. A few of us started showing up at the tracks and the lipo packs started getting cheaper and now we legitimately have electric 1/8 scale cars.

We are now at the point that you can do a 1/5th scale pretty easily too.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Electric 1/8 became popular because people wanted 1/8th durability with the convenience of electric plug and play. It wasn't possible until around five or so years ago when lipo technology became some what mainstream because NIMH batteries were simply not capable of the power needs that larger brushless motors require.

We started out using airplane brushless motors and very expensive lipo packs. Guys like Rc-monster started manufacturing simple motor mounts. The cars were basically frankenstein creations for bashers. A few of us started showing up at the tracks and the lipo packs started getting cheaper and now we legitimately have electric 1/8 scale cars.

We are now at the point that you can do a 1/5th scale pretty easily too.

oh i see yea i understand the plug, and play that its easier for beginners but i just like nitro better i race a slash, as electric but i still like a nitro engine.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Like I said! Electric Nascar is on the horison! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by The Chad Man
Like I said! Electric Nascar is on the horison! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that whould be the worst thing to do ! talk about losing viewers lol nobody whould watch it just being honest.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Here is one good reason I won't run electric 1/8.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...s-esc-481.html

Just have to make road trips to Stateline. Nitro does well there. I plan to run down there a few times this summer. More so if PG don't run nitro.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 2fst2c
Here is one good reason I won't run electric 1/8.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...s-esc-481.html

Just have to make road trips to Stateline. Nitro does well there. I plan to run down there a few times this summer. More so if PG don't run nitro.

haha yea i have seen 1/8 speed , controlers and lipos do that i was racing with 2 electric 1/8 and, i went to turn in the corner. and i was right on the guy with the 1/8 electric and he, caught on fire i was just like if the, flame speads to me my buggy its not gone to look good

and i have seen other problems also with my racing buds.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Electric 1/8 is 2 unreliable. 2 many speedcontols/batteries/motor problems.

I know it will get better and I don't have a problem with that.

SC is really small here. They might race them with the 1/10 scale. Which is small as well.

Nitro rules the roost here by a long shot.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

How the hell you guys find me over here? I wanted to rant and rave in peace.... Great now I gotta go edit alot! Well see what they say about my last Q I put up on thier board... I asked if there was say 6-8 nitro buggys show up on a regular club day or night would the powers that be turn them away as to not piss off a few electric guys noses......
Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

where i live the track went to crap and closed pretty much the closest track is 45 mins away and they have a indoor carpet and a dirt track with my work and home life i wish i the track here would still be open anyone have any ideas how i could get the track up and going again jw if this happened to anyone ealse let me know
Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well that didnt take very to get an answer! YES the nitro guys will turned away to save the electric guys noses......
Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Chad Man
How the hell you guys find me over here? I wanted to rant and rave in peace.... Great now I gotta go edit alot! Well see what they say about my last Q I put up on thier board... I asked if there was say 6-8 nitro buggys show up on a regular club day or night would the powers that be turn them away as to not piss off a few electric guys noses......
Relax bro, I'm not one of them. No need to edit. I'm on your side. They replied to your last post but haven't responded to mine yet.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

I know, I was just kidding around...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.