R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattozx6rr View Post
Why dont you post up something on the donation thread. hell if I had a spare buggy I would give it to you. I give all kinds of stuff away, mostly things that (dont work the way I want them too) and only to racers that are struggling to hold on to thier hobby. I also receive free goodies as well from drivers above my level. Dont expect something shiny and new but if it is better than what you have be gracious in accepting the gift. I would skip the credit, nothing you could want is worth a payment (not even a house!)but then again I am jaded due to my own situation.
Why not a house.....? That is the best thing I have ever done, was brought a home.......
Old 05-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuming View Post
Why not a house.....? That is the best thing I have ever done, was brought a home.......

Owning a home is false security and false investment. there was a day and time when it was a decent investment but those days are gone. I currently live in a home sub 300k that is worth less than half and will not regain its value just in principal by the time my children move out and we are ready to move. bad investment. I will never trust the housing market again and after the bank gets this one back may never purchase another house again. would rather deal with landlords than the bank. My personal choice and view. If your thinking why not try a home mod well.........been doing that circus for almost a year and have gotten nowhere. BOFA is the worst bank to work with period. ok my rant is over. anyways I will stick with my initial statement. dont use credit for anything.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

While I agree with much of what has been posted... Tower's Easy Pay is NOT based on credit. It CAN be used with a credit card, yes. But one ( as I have recently with my D8 purchase and numerous times in the past ) can also use a bank debit card. They'll deduct a 1/3 of the charge + S/H on the day of purchase, then a 1/3 one month from that day, and the last 1/3 on the next month. If a debit card was used, as long as there's 1/3 the value of the purchase in the checking/savings account that the card is on, then there will be no issues.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:40 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
While I agree with much of what has been posted... Tower's Easy Pay is NOT based on credit. It CAN be used with a credit card, yes. But one ( as I have recently with my D8 purchase and numerous times in the past ) can also use a bank debit card. They'll deduct a 1/3 of the charge + S/H on the day of purchase, then a 1/3 one month from that day, and the last 1/3 on the next month. If a debit card was used, as long as there's 1/3 the value of the purchase in the checking/savings account that the card is on, then there will be no issues.

When they give you product now and you give them money later, that's credit. Easy Pay is the definition of credit.

mattozx6rr, the real estate market is cyclical, always has been and always will be. Same as the stock market. This was not the first real estate crash in history and it won't be the last. Think of it as a long term investment, not short term and you'll be OK. Your house will regain value, though it may take many years.

An RC car on the other hand is a depreciating asset. In most cases when you sell it you won't get back all that you put in, which is one reason he should wait to buy the car until he's got the cash to burn.
MattFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #20
Tech Elite

I'll grant that if you want to be "letter of the law" specific. However, unless an actual credit card is used, there is no interest or extra payment involved with E.P.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #21
Tech Regular

I have never done it but i thought the easy pay was like lay-o-way
were you made the payment requested and then when paid off they sent
it to you but i dont know so dont quote me on this....
RUNNINONMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Nope. You choose E.P, the first payment is made then, they ship. A month later = second payment, next month, 3rd.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
I'll grant that if you want to be "letter of the law" specific. However, unless an actual credit card is used, there is no interest or extra payment involved with E.P.
I think you missed the point entirely.
MattFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

dude i feel your pain just had my 18th bday today and its hard being young and having school. I got my insurance and gas so i do that and then the other half of my pay check goes to my rc fund. Get a job and just be wise with your money and you can really get an easy 150 dollars a month saved up
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Guys I havent looked through this thread in a while but I am wanting to use easy pay because I want to get my rc now instead of wait a few months. I just destroyed the engine in my buggy, and to wait a few months...that means no rc over the summer

Also, I do have a job!!! 2 jobs actually!!! I work at a bowling alley and a tanking company. I am about to stop working at the bowling alley though and just work at the tanking company over the summer.

I considered a slash, but I kinda want nitro...electric seems like to much waiting for batteries. I had thought maybe get a slash 2wd. I have a 7 cell 4600mAh battery and 2 chargers. If I got the slash I'd get another 7 cell battery and then I found I can get a 3300mAh LiPO and a LiPO charger for another 90.

My problem with that, though, is that I don't know how much run time I'd get out of those batteries and how long theyd take to charge. I really don't want alot of down time I'd like to run like I would a nitro...just be able to keep going
supamagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #26
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger200350 View Post
Save up your money! Don't buy this stuff on credit. It really isn't worth it.
if someone can afford it, its the best thing to do. i applied for a credit card when i turned 16 to build credit, i pay my bill off every month, i have paypal pay later, again pay that off every month. im 20 now and been doing that since i was 16. dont buy something you cant afford tho, i use it as a tool to build credit

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

easy pay would be a nice to way to hide the large purchases from momma!! (wife)
monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hahahahahahahaha
supamagician is offline   Reply With Quote