R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #61
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopdaloop View Post
Ahh hes getting so defensive about his Losi, how cute! Losi is a good truck, HB's design is better if you want to get technical about it. From what the factory drivers are saying on the West Coast, Losi is about to release an upgrade for their 2.0. Hmmm, I wonder why Token?
They'll release an upgrade and everyone will copy it as they always do. It always seems losi's new designs end up on other vehicles. I wonder how long it will take for someone to come out with an inclined spindle system like losi has.

Just a couple losi ideas that have been copied by other brands.

Front suspension/steering design.
Front shock tower design and geometry.
Big bore shocks.
CVD pins captured by bearings.
One piece plastic radio tray with separate boxes.
4 shoe clutch that doesn't require a spring tool to mount the shoes.
Over-sized clutch bell bearings.
Fuel tank clunk.
Front upper turnbuckle in place of arms.
Larger diameter buggy wheels and tires.
Larger diameter(LPR size) truggy tires and wheels.
Cab forward truggy body.

Did I forget anything?

I do have to give the copiers credit, because without losi's designs they would never be where they are. They were smart enough to copy losi's revolutionary designs.

There always has to be a design to copy. Before the losi came out, every buggy looked exactly like a Kyosho 7.5 or a Mugen MBX5. I just don't see why everyone tries to deny the fact that losi's ideas have been copied and copied again. It doesn't make that vehicle bad, in fact it probably makes it better.

Again I have nothing against HB cars or any other cars for that matter, but the truth is obvious.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #62
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
They'll release an upgrade and everyone will copy it as they always do. It always seems losi's new designs end up on other vehicles. I wonder how long it will take for someone to come out with an inclined spindle system like losi has.

Just a couple losi ideas that have been copied by other brands.

Front suspension/steering design.
Front shock tower design and geometry.
Big bore shocks.
CVD pins captured by bearings.
One piece plastic radio tray with separate boxes.
4 shoe clutch that doesn't require a spring tool to mount the shoes.
Over-sized clutch bell bearings.
Fuel tank clunk.
Front upper turnbuckle in place of arms.
Larger diameter buggy wheels and tires.
Larger diameter(LPR size) truggy tires and wheels.
Cab forward truggy body.

Did I forget anything?

I do have to give the copiers credit, because without losi's designs they would never be where they are. They were smart enough to copy losi's revolutionary designs.

There always has to be a design to copy. Before the losi came out, every buggy looked exactly like a Kyosho 7.5 or a Mugen MBX5. I just don't see why everyone tries to deny the fact that losi's ideas have been copied and copied again. It doesn't make that vehicle bad, in fact it probably makes it better.

Again I have nothing against HB cars or any other cars for that matter, but the truth is obvious.
Oh GOD!!! Your truth is false info.
__________________
Associated~Tekno~Mugen
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #63
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
Oh GOD!!!
What, you didn't like that one?

Loving every minute of it.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #64
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

im pretty sure HB was the first to have a clunk style fuel tank.... but i may be wrong but i thought they had them in their lightning line....
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #65
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
What, you didn't like that one?

Loving every minute of it.
Dude I don't even drive a Losi,I did but not now.. Here's your sign
__________________
Associated~Tekno~Mugen
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #66
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
im pretty sure HB was the first to have a clunk style fuel tank.... but i may be wrong but i thought they had them in their lightning line....
Nope the lightning line didn't have it. Losi was definitely the first to use it in 1/8 offroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
Dude I don't even drive a Losi,I did but not now.. Here's your sign
Hahaha I love arguing on the internet! It's soo much fun! People get stirred up really easily, and I sit back and watch the chaos with my popcorn.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #67
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Meh the hot pockets truggy has that funky rear driveshaft stuff....
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #68
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Nope the lightning line didn't have it. Losi was definitely the first to use it in 1/8 offroad.
ok cool, i was just thought someone said they did but oh well, losi is great and all but just not for me, to expensive and plus i dont like how they handle, but thats 100% driver preference.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #69
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Nope the lightning line didn't have it. Losi was definitely the first to use it in 1/8 off road.



Hahaha I love arguing on the internet! It's soo much fun! People get stirred up really easily, and I sit back and watch the chaos with my popcorn.
Me to.. and the Associated MGT was the first 1/8 offroad to have a clunk style tank way before losi. Do you get a certificate in the losi box stating you have to claim there the best? If so I didn't get one with my Losi comp crawler or night crawler or MRC. Didn't mean to offend your Losi, there average, Driver makes the buggy not the other way around.

All in good fun.....
__________________
Associated~Tekno~Mugen

Last edited by RC-ZOMBIE; 05-13-2010 at 02:24 PM.
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #70
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
ok cool, i was just thought someone said they did but oh well, losi is great and all but just not for me, to expensive and plus i dont like how they handle, but thats 100% driver preference.
Yes sir. I have no conceptions that losi is the "best". It's all what works for you. Losi works for me. I'm sure others would as well. There's no two ways about it though. A lot of losi's ideas have been "borrowed" by other brands. But everything in the world gets copied. It's no big deal, but is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
Me to.. and the Associated MGT was the first 1/8 offroad to have a clunk style tank way before losi. Do you get a certificate in the losi box stating you have to claim there the best? If so I didn't get one with my Losi comp crawler or night crawler or MRC. Didn't mean to offend your Losi, there average, Driver makes the buggy not the other way around.

All in good fun.....
OK, OK. Fine losi was the first 1/8 scale racing buggy to use a clunk style fuel tank. Is that better?

Again, no blind conceptions that they are the best here. I just like having fun with people. If you read my first post in this thread, you can see I'm not just a losi fanboy. I know very well that there are many capable platforms out there.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #71
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Yes sir. I have no conceptions that losi is the "best". It's all what works for you. Losi works for me. I'm sure others would as well. There's no two ways about it though. A lot of losi's ideas have been "borrowed" by other brands. But everything in the world gets copied. It's no big deal, but is true.



OK, OK. Fine losi was the first 1/8 scale racing buggy to use a clunk style fuel tank. Is that better?

Again, no blind conceptions that they are the best here. I just like having fun with people. If you read my first post in this thread, you can see I'm not just a losi fanboy. I know very well that there are many capable platforms out there.
Ok are great debate is over, we both had fun. I bet you still have a smile on your face,I know I do it was fun.
__________________
Associated~Tekno~Mugen
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #72
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
Ok are great debate is over, we both had fun. I bet you still have a smile on your face,I know I do it was fun.
Still smiling here too.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #73
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

By the way, the certificate only comes with 1/8 scale race rollers.

__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #74
Tech Addict
 
mike881's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 557
Default

So what's am affordable but competative motor and pipe if I were to get the d8t? And sorry but do they come with clutches? If not, what's a good one?
mike881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #75
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike881 View Post
So what's am affordable but competative motor and pipe if I were to get the d8t? And sorry but do they come with clutches? If not, what's a good one?
For the money you can't beat the Werks B5 with 2013 pipe. And yes, they do include a clutch.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net