Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8T 2.0 RTR vs Hot Bodies D8T >

Losi 8T 2.0 RTR vs Hot Bodies D8T

Losi 8T 2.0 RTR vs Hot Bodies D8T

Old 05-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i recently had a similar decision, only with a buggy. i ended up going with the 2.0 rtr and ran it for the first time sunday with the exact setup and tires as when i pulled it out of the box. qualified 6th out of 20 something, and all i did was move the steering servo to throttle/brake and put in an old airtronics 358 up front. can't complain about the speed of the motor, instead i'll whine about the poor fuel consumption - to be on the safe side, i HAD to refuel by 6 min, and 12 min in the main

1/8s are so tough to begin with, i really don't care about the lack of strength here and there with the rtr. flex.....again don't care these things drive themselves

i did notice it pushed a bit on wider/faster turns. to make up for this i simply let off the gas right before the wheels turned, and then "blipped" the throttle around the bigger sweepers to stay in my line

i really can't complain on my purchase at all. my decision was based primarily on funds. as it sits (after selling the tx and rx, and buying a used 358 st. servo), i have around $525 in it - and that includes fuel, gel cell with charger, glo starter, and fuel bottle

the only things i will be buying will be for different setups, and a turbo head conversion kit ($20). hope this helps
Old 11-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (57%+)

Nitrotec for a buggy
OS Xzb blue head for a truggy

I like the hot bodies car but damn, they need a new name instead of hot bodies