R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default N-Control Track Closing in Austin TX

The best track in Texas is closing. Paul is moving on and I am not suprised. It's been a tough last few years keeping everything going and I hate to say I told you so, but without club racing and only Big races a track can't make it. The big series races take their toll on racing. I hate to be right about this as Paul is the best guy around......
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Don't start spreading rumors. While there is a possiblity the track will close, it's not closed yet and if all goes well it never will. Paul is backing down, but he's not throwing a pad lock on the gates. The track is up for sale and there's a great goup of people here that love the track. We will come together and keep the track operating in one way or another. Just give it some time to iron out details. I can almost promise that N-Control will remain open.
pickle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Default ok

I'll believe it when I see it......
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It will happen, then you can believe it. Until it, try not being negative. Going around saying the track is closed will only seal the fate. False claims like that will be detrimental to the future of the track. Now sit back and watch, the track has been there too long and is too important to off road racing in Central Texas to die.
pickle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Default Good point Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
It will happen, then you can believe it. Until it, try not being negative. Going around saying the track is closed will only seal the fate. False claims like that will be detrimental to the future of the track. Now sit back and watch, the track has been there too long and is too important to off road racing in Central Texas to die.
I stand corrected buddy. I love that track, it was my home when I lived there. I raced there before Paul came, and hopefully after too.