R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
what long headers fit the dynamite 86 pipe ? cause i dint see a longer one that dynamite makes .
You would need to get a novarossi long header for the 086 pipe.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #32
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
You would need to get a novarossi long header for the 086 pipe.

oh ok what number nova long header though ?

dam there not cheap lol. is there any other ones that are cheaper that will work. (headers)

Last edited by tc5 man; 05-11-2010 at 10:51 AM.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
Ouch! That's gotta hurt. But were talking about black heads here! JUST KIDDING! How do you like the Alpha?
best engine i have ever ran!! worth every penny. i love it so far. was easy to break in, not tons of pinch, the JPX 21 i have had WAY more pinch than this one did. but the engine will absolutely fly. i got the green head one just because ChampionRC had them in stock and could get the orange head one till the end of this week and i have a big race this saturday so got the green head one and i think im happier with it than i would be with the orange head one. i like the smooth power plant, its so smooth that it doesnt feel like your going anywhere but the next thing you know your over jumping jumps or just going by other truggies like they are just stopped on the track. BTW if you get one get the Alpha 801 pipe, perfect combo.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
best engine i have ever ran!! worth every penny. i love it so far. was easy to break in, not tons of pinch, the JPX 21 i have had WAY more pinch than this one did. but the engine will absolutely fly. i got the green head one just because ChampionRC had them in stock and could get the orange head one till the end of this week and i have a big race this saturday so got the green head one and i think im happier with it than i would be with the orange head one. i like the smooth power plant, its so smooth that it doesnt feel like your going anywhere but the next thing you know your over jumping jumps or just going by other truggies like they are just stopped on the track. BTW if you get one get the Alpha 801 pipe, perfect combo.
I know what you mean about the JPX .21 mine has 2.5 gallons on it and still hasn't lost it's pinch WTF!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I posted this in a very similar thread recently. My personal picks would be as follows...

Tight budget: Werks B5 and 2013 pipe The B5 is bangin little engine that has tons of balls and should last a long time too. Plenty to push a truggy, especially with the 2013 pipe.

Medium budget: Mugen Ninja JX 21 and OS 2060/Ninja 2042(if you have to go cheaper on the pipe, look at a losi RE10 or Dynamite 053). The ninja is a powerhouse of an engine. It is smooth, strong and gets great fuel mileage. Again, plenty for your truggy.

No budget: OS SPEED worlds edition v-spec II and OS 2060/Ninja 2042 with "L" header. Speed is in this engine's blood literally! The OS speed is the real deal, all out engine. It's extremely smooth, extremely powerful and gets amazing fuel mileage. Again MORE than enough for your truggy. For $500 this engine is no budget engine though.

Those would be my choices.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default It depends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
oh ok what number nova long header though ?

dam there not cheap lol. is there any other ones that are cheaper that will work. (headers)
It depends on your truggy. If you have a mugen, the sides are narrow and the Novarossi 41030 compact long header would fit, but most all other truggies use the Novarossi 41020 smooth flow long round header, thats the one I would use.......
Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #37
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
It depends on your truggy. If you have a mugen, the sides are narrow and the Novarossi 41030 compact long header would fit, but most all other truggies use the Novarossi 41020 smooth flow long round header, thats the one I would use.......

well i have a losi eight-t 1.0, i looked at, the nova 41020 and its out of stock at carolina r/c . il look at amain.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Best advice I ever got handed n didn't listen to was when I was told to buy a cheap engine for my first engine that I had to buy on my own. Well easy to say I should have listened I think I spent near 400 on an os 28 n it only lasted me just barely 3 gallons. I was pissed because it took me another 3 engines to learn how to tune n now i can get around 7-8 gallons n engine easily n I don't pop plugs like I use to. If I were u I would look for a cheap engine in the forsale threads that's new. Iv been able to pik up 300-400$ engines in there new for less then 200$ n to me that's where I save a huge portion in this hobby.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
I know what you mean about the JPX .21 mine has 2.5 gallons on it and still hasn't lost it's pinch WTF!
it wont go away until the 4 gallon BTW! mine just now lost most of its pinch and it has 7-8 gallons on it. also replace those bearing about the 4th or 5th gallon you go threw.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
it wont go away until the 4 gallon BTW! mine just now lost most of its pinch and it has 7-8 gallons on it. also replace those bearing about the 4th or 5th gallon you go threw.
Will do, thanks! How is your compression at the 8 gal mark?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Will do, thanks! How is your compression at the 8 gal mark?
still there lol but you can turn it over by hand but still tightish. however the air filter has fallen off twice and sucked some dirt in. the JPX is awesome and easy to tune, im pitting at the 8 min mark, which isnt to bad for everyone saying its a gas hog. also i run 20% in min to make it last longer, but you can add a shim and run 30% and get the same amount of life out of it. everyone i have seen that runs 30% with no shim theirs didnt last past 5 gallons. or i might have just gotten a good one.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #42
Tech Master

My ZR.30 X Comp had 19 litres go through it before it lost most of its pinch.
Dr freedom is offline   Reply With Quote