R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default please explain

me and my friend were at a race and his truggy was lean boging, we brought it into the pit area and it wasn't that hot but i noticed it wouldn't idle, so i raised the idle screw a couple hours at a time until it would hold a idle(i think about 4 hours total) and then after the engine reached alittle over 200 i checked the low speed on the box and it checked out fine, we put it out on the track for the 20min main and the engine ran great the whole time with no lean bog at all. did by raising the idle richen the low speed? any help would be great if u have experienced this or understand
speedzone99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzone99 View Post
me and my friend were at a race and his truggy was lean boging, we brought it into the pit area and it wasn't that hot but i noticed it wouldn't idle, so i raised the idle screw a couple hours at a time until it would hold a idle(i think about 4 hours total) and then after the engine reached alittle over 200 i checked the low speed on the box and it checked out fine, we put it out on the track for the 20min main and the engine ran great the whole time with no lean bog at all. did by raising the idle richen the low speed? any help would be great if u have experienced this or understand
Sounds like you had an overlean lsn to compensate for the low idle.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzone99 View Post
Doesn't sound like you had a lean bog, sounds like the bottom end was too rich. By opening up the throttle gap you made the mixture leaner by adding more air thus it would idle and run ok.

You should revisit the tune and lean the bottom out and then reset the idle.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Kerber View Post
Sounds like you had an overlean lsn to compensate for the low idle.

thanks man i think u r right, i normally tune my engines with the idle higher than it should be and then work it down, the motor ran great the rest of the day, its a axe rossi X2 cobra, literally all i did was up the idle where it would idle and rechecked the lowend by counting 10 seconds and then wide open on the starter box and it slightly loaded up and then cleared out like it should and problem was gone.
speedzone99 is offline   Reply With Quote