Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diff oil?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You should see my camber adjustments after bench drinking.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Must have been dreaming because silicone doesn't evaporate until you heat it up to 500ºF

As for what kind of oil, anything works. I use Losi or Xray
Old 05-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Its the car!! Get a LOSI and everything should ok
Old 05-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Everyone has there favourite brand of oil ect.. TBH I haven’t tried many so cant comment on the losi stuff. I generally try to stick with the same brand same for shock oils.. generally. I run RB oil, as there larger yes more £ but better bang for your buck in the long run. So try to stick with the same brand in your diffs and same for shocks-That way it will be the same every time. As different brans 35wt will be different. My other stuff I use is fastrax-Pritty cheap but can be found in most shops in the UK so there is always somewhere that has it. RB is harder to come by. But I know.. the RB is a tad thicker-even if both the same weight.. but that is nit picking tbh.. But what im trying to say after my spurt of rubbish words is. Stay with the same brand if possible!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by 99problems
Its the car!! Get a LOSI and everything should ok
Haha no thanks i love my hb d8. I have drove losi and associated and i love my d8. Well i just ordered some associated diff oil with the green slime and ill see how it works. Im pretty sure it was air bubbles that did it for me. Thank you for the help
Old 05-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default nice advice

Originally Posted by tc5 man
ive used the losi diff oil its not, bad but boy is it thick now to get the air pockets out just turn the, gears in the diff slowly and you will see the little bubbles that come up. just turn the outdrive, slowly a couple of times and let it sit for about 15 minutes or a bit more.
that's what I was thinking. turn, set, wait, bingo. I recommend 3,000 in the rear.....