R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #16
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalmog91 View Post
Here is my mbx6 with a ninja
That is a nice Mugen ...
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:40 AM   #17
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
In terms of looks, I'd have to agree that they're probably the best looking buggies. In terms of quality & performance though, I think the Mugen edges out the RC8. Kinda sad too, I always wanted an Associated car, but the company seems like just a pale version of its former self.
I heard the same and great statement... but in fairness to the RC8 .. the new RC8B fixed alot of the problems ... remember the RC8 is on the 3rd gen now (i think).. and alot of the problems i hear about are on the first ... any input .. or anyone hear different
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 AM   #18
Tech Regular
 
Ananda Robinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brandywine Maryland
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfman View Post
I personally like the Losi body style, again just an opinion.
Me to hands down the best looking buggy
__________________
Losi 8ight 2.0.
Losi 8ight-T 2.0.
Ananda Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:59 AM   #19
Tech Regular
 
plus2ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: st. joseph MI
Posts: 368
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Heres a pic of my RC8B right before i sold it and bought a MBX6! I must say i loved that buggy, But the AE car wears parts quickly. I could have built a second car from all my worn out parts!
Attached Thumbnails
Please Post PICS of you MBX-6 or RC8B-cell-phone-pics-021.jpg  
plus2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #20
Tech Adept
 
Busterlbn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 122
Default

That's link to the gallery with my mbx6 and rc8b my friend.

http://picasaweb.google.pl/kubson08/Mbx6AndRc8b#
__________________
Mugen Seiki | Novarossi | Futaba | AKA | Pro-Line | RB
Busterlbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #21
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterlbn View Post
That's link to the gallery with my mbx6 and rc8b my friend.

http://picasaweb.google.pl/kubson08/Mbx6AndRc8b#
Can you post your opinions on both please? How do they compare?
__________________
Associated~Tekno~Mugen
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #22
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterlbn View Post
That's link to the gallery with my mbx6 and rc8b my friend.

http://picasaweb.google.pl/kubson08/Mbx6AndRc8b#

Great pics .. I am with Zombie I would love to hear your thoughts on both
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #23
Tech Adept
 
Busterlbn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 122
Default

The quality of parts is very good. Everything fits well. Mugen on the track with the setup m-spec is very mild in driving. asso with a standard setup and the new, white pistons in the shock (ten holes) is quite aggressive. After the first competition, and many crashs, nothing broke.

I chosen chassis for this season (rc8b or mbx6) and the choice fell on mugen. I do not regret

If you want know something about these two chassis, just write

Sorry for my english.

Regards,
Dorian
__________________
Mugen Seiki | Novarossi | Futaba | AKA | Pro-Line | RB
Busterlbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #24
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcaputo View Post
I heard the same and great statement... but in fairness to the RC8 .. the new RC8B fixed alot of the problems ... remember the RC8 is on the 3rd gen now (i think).. and alot of the problems i hear about are on the first ... any input .. or anyone hear different
Second generation, actually. I never said that the RC8 was bad, it's a good car, it simply hasn't lived up to Associated's once legendary reputation. The car seems to do (most) everything well, but doesn't really excel at anything. Back in the 80s, Associated was THE R/C brand: made in America, superb quality & craftsmanship, and a team and cars that didn't know the meaning of second place ('cept for that one littlr hiccup at IFMAR in '87.)

These days, even with a lot of really good drivers to make their product shine, it doesn't really stand out from its competitors. Sure, they get the occasional win here and there, but first place has become the exception rather than the rule.

Think of the RC8 like that girl in high school that had a major crush on you, was always really nice to you, didn't have anything wrong about her in particular, but just seemed like part of the background and never got your blood racing through your veins
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,022
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default





A couple shots I took of my Moo last summer, while someone else handled the Tx. Imma run HB this year though.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #26
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post




A couple shots I took of my Moo last summer, while someone else handled the Tx. Imma run HB this year though.
Great Camera shots ... Why go to HB .. heard HB break alot..??
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #27
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
Second generation, actually. I never said that the RC8 was bad, it's a good car, it simply hasn't lived up to Associated's once legendary reputation. The car seems to do (most) everything well, but doesn't really excel at anything. Back in the 80s, Associated was THE R/C brand: made in America, superb quality & craftsmanship, and a team and cars that didn't know the meaning of second place ('cept for that one littlr hiccup at IFMAR in '87.)

These days, even with a lot of really good drivers to make their product shine, it doesn't really stand out from its competitors. Sure, they get the occasional win here and there, but first place has become the exception rather than the rule.

Think of the RC8 like that girl in high school that had a major crush on you, was always really nice to you, didn't have anything wrong about her in particular, but just seemed like part of the background and never got your blood racing through your veins

Well said ... so does that make mugen the exciting whore ??
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson View Post
Me to hands down the best looking buggy
that buggy look familiar, where do you live? and did you run at the PNB in atlanta? i know someone around here runs one very similar to that buggy if its not the same buggy.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #29
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,022
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Mugen was super durable. But I never liked the way it drove. Tried numerous set up changes, nothing made e happy so I knew I'd be trying something different this summer. Just before MotoRama, I purchased a built but never run D8T. I've been having an absolute blast with it, super fun, easy to drive. The past few months driving it has been the most fun I've had in a long, long time. Soooo, I decided to try the buggy too. I havn't run it yet though. As for durability, in 10 races approx.??? I've lost one tie rod screw and stripped the stock plastic steering horn. Truggy has proven to be very durable so far. )
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #30
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Mugen was super durable. But I never liked the way it drove. Tried numerous set up changes, nothing made e happy so I knew I'd be trying something different this summer. Just before MotoRama, I purchased a built but never run D8T. I've been having an absolute blast with it, super fun, easy to drive. The past few months driving it has been the most fun I've had in a long, long time. Soooo, I decided to try the buggy too. I havn't run it yet though. As for durability, in 10 races approx.??? I've lost one tie rod screw and stripped the stock plastic steering horn. Truggy has proven to be very durable so far. )
Was it the pillow ball suspension? That's what I don't like, If Mugen ever comes out with a c-hub suspension I'll be all over it!
__________________
Associated~Tekno~Mugen
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net