Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC8

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RC8

Okay guys im in the hunt for a friends RC8. Im really wanting to buy it but i want to hear from you guys. It has a GRP .21 Untuned Silver edition with a dynamite midrange pipe. It also comes with a DX 2.0. So i want to hear from you guys about it. Is it gona be fast? Loud? or anything else i need to be aware of. ALso this is my first nitro so yeah LMK
Old 05-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

im guessing its the older car and not the rc8b? there is nothing wrong with the old car, i have 1 that i converted to the b execpt for the chassis, sounds like a decent combo, not fimailier with the grp engine. but should be just fine, what are your plans with the car, bashing or racing?
Old 05-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T Train
Okay guys im in the hunt for a friends RC8. Im really wanting to buy it but i want to hear from you guys. It has a GRP .21 Untuned Silver edition with a dynamite midrange pipe. It also comes with a DX 2.0. So i want to hear from you guys about it. Is it gona be fast? Loud? or anything else i need to be aware of. ALso this is my first nitro so yeah LMK
In all honesty I have an rc8 rs and wish I would have went with something else. I break parts more often the my friends losi's and mugens, and the fuel tanks have issues also.

If I could do it all over I would have bought a losi 8 2.0 instead. All 3 of us bought new ones at the same time, me an rc8 and friends losi's and theirs have ran pretty much perfect the entire time. One of them blew an engine but that was their fault.

I've broke both upper front arms, 4 steering rod ends, and the bearings went out in my clutch. One of them broke their front diff case, but it was because they hit a parked car. The other has broken nothing.

The rc8 is fun to drive, but it just doesn't seem as reliable as theirs. If it's your only option and it's a good deal go for it, but if you can look around you might want to get something other then an rc8.

That's just my 2 cents.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

THE RC8 IS A GOOD CAR BUT THAT MOTOR IS NOT GOOD
Old 05-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rc8 racer
im guessing its the older car and not the rc8b? there is nothing wrong with the old car, i have 1 that i converted to the b execpt for the chassis, sounds like a decent combo, not fimailier with the grp engine. but should be just fine, what are your plans with the car, bashing or racing?

Yeah its the rc8b and il be bashing more than racing
Old 05-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bevofrancis
In all honesty I have an rc8 rs and wish I would have went with something else. I break parts more often the my friends losi's and mugens, and the fuel tanks have issues also.

If I could do it all over I would have bought a losi 8 2.0 instead. All 3 of us bought new ones at the same time, me an rc8 and friends losi's and theirs have ran pretty much perfect the entire time. One of them blew an engine but that was their fault.

I've broke both upper front arms, 4 steering rod ends, and the bearings went out in my clutch. One of them broke their front diff case, but it was because they hit a parked car. The other has broken nothing.

The rc8 is fun to drive, but it just doesn't seem as reliable as theirs. If it's your only option and it's a good deal go for it, but if you can look around you might want to get something other then an rc8.

That's just my 2 cents.

Yeah ive heard that too. He wants $700 for it RTR with the DX2.0 and hes my friend so i know hes not gona be a dick and scam me but idk its really either this a flux, or a electric 1/8th buggy really
Old 05-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trevor15308
THE RC8 IS A GOOD CAR BUT THAT MOTOR IS NOT GOOD
Whats not good about the motor?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

GRP was one of the best engines ever, hands down. they are just weird to tune, everything is different, lean bottom and rich top, mine ran at the highest 185-190 but mine was the tuned version (orange head).
Old 05-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The RC8/RC8B is not a"bashing buggy" it's a race buggy! and just as durable as any other, I have been racing one now for two yrs and broke nothing.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T Train
Yeah ive heard that too. He wants $700 for it RTR with the DX2.0 and hes my friend so i know hes not gona be a dick and scam me but idk its really either this a flux, or a electric 1/8th buggy really
wow i just saw this post, that is about 200-300 bucks to much!! you can buy a brand new D8 buggy and get it race ready for as much as that or if not even cheaper.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree way way to much, your Friend is making money on you. The engine is out of production as well as the radio
Old 05-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis

That's just my 2 cents.

not to start an argument or anything, BUT, the rc8 is a durable buggy. maybe you have wrecked hard and broke those things. for the arms. ive only broken 1 in the (almost) 2 years i have had it. mine started out as a rc8 rs. ive only broken one rod end. maybe some of your wrecking weakened the parts and eventually snapped. every buggy will do it. its just as durable as a losi. every driver is different and wrecks in different ways. and the clutch bearings.. i swap mine out before every race weekend. just so everything has be at top condition. they ARE going to go out. buy dollar bearings and replace them often. you have to work on it it to keep it up and going well. again, not starting an argument just giving my opinion on a great car.

and the rc8 is not a basher buggy its a race buggy
Old 05-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

The GRP was one of my favorite motors. I had the silver/non-tuned version too. It is hard to tune at first but once you get used to tuning its a great motor. The dynamite mid range pipe 053 is an ok pipe for the motor. My favorite pipe was a 2035 on the motor.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

well since i have heard from all of u guys i think im not going to get it but idk
Old 05-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

TQ Racing is making the GRP engine now. So they say anyways. Parts should be available soon. Not sure for that one though. Rody Roem is involved now with it.