Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Sounds like you have a brand new engine. You need to heat the engine block with a heat gun or blowdryer to about 150-180 degrees. Your engine will turnover alot easier.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
Is the engine brand new or was it recently pinched?

If so you are encountering something called mechanical pinch. You will need a heat gun (a hair dryer is not strong enough) to heat that sucker up too at least 220-230 degrees. That will help start the engine and begin the break-in process.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...eak-bible.html
i bought it used. the guy was in the middle of the break in process. i well try this and if it doesnt work ill let you know. thank you
Old 08-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Cluth Help

Heat the engine as decribed with a heat gun 180-200 deg should be enough.
Also make sure the engine has some lube in it in other words not dry after run oil, Marvels or any two stroke oil will work. (just a few drops)
When you try to start it loosen the plug so as to produce blow by this will help decrease compression once it starts re-tighten the plug.
You should also check your head gaskets as they also space the head from the piston Nova motors usually have .70mm of Gaskets/Shims.
If you have never broke a motor in do yourself a favor and do some research online there is alot of good info and several different methods.
Hope all works out for you!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

went and got myself a heat gun and heated the shi* out of about 250* and it started. so glad it did.

now my next problem is when i go to set it on the ground it shuts off...what could be doing that?

oh and i have broken in other motors 5 i think. but they were done the old way of idel like 2 tanks then slow run another tank. but my last motor i did the new way.