Wiki Posts
Search

Rough track setup adjustments?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Rough track setup adjustments?

Since all the losi 2.0 buggy setup sheets are for Pro drivers on sick preped out tracks, I was wondering what adjustments help the most to get your car dialed in for rough whooped out tracks that dont see much good prep? I had the drake setup and I was swappin and buckin on the high speed corners and straights....Had to let off when I did not want too thats for sure

Thanks in advance...I have got some great help from you guys setting up my car, and first two races went WAY better than I thought!

Thanks

Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Show871
Since all the losi 2.0 buggy setup sheets are for Pro drivers on sick preped out tracks, I was wondering what adjustments help the most to get your car dialed in for rough whooped out tracks that dont see much good prep? I had the drake setup and I was swappin and buckin on the high speed corners and straights....Had to let off when I did not want too thats for sure

Thanks in advance...I have got some great help from you guys setting up my car, and first two races went WAY better than I thought!

Thanks

All tracks are not sick prepped out tracks, see silver state last year. see drakes silver state setup.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/ADSilvStA0804.pdf
Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shocks more "upright" and set up as soft as you can without "bottoming out" and "chassis slap" over jumps.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (97%+)

I like to keep the car as equal as possible when the track is blown. Same shock oil front to back and same diff oils in the front and rear and sometimes center too. This is just what works for me. Please nobody murder me for my advice.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Try taking the swaybars off. I do it all the time on a blown out chopped up track and I find the buggy claws its way threw the ruff stuff... Some guys like to pull the sways and others dont... With the swaybars off your buggy will feel slower to respond but the suspension arms will be able to move real free over the uneven parts of the track.. If I feel my car is bucking and doing all sorts of wierd dance moves I'll pull the sways and my car will calm dawn so I can drive threw the stuff not bounce and buck.. Worth a try!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by The Chad Man
Try taking the swaybars off. I do it all the time on a blown out chopped up track and I find the buggy claws its way threw the ruff stuff... Some guys like to pull the sways and others dont... With the swaybars off your buggy will feel slower to respond but the suspension arms will be able to move real free over the uneven parts of the track.. If I feel my car is bucking and doing all sorts of wierd dance moves I'll pull the sways and my car will calm dawn so I can drive threw the stuff not bounce and buck.. Worth a try!

do you know how removing , the swaybars on a truggy whould work? cause i run on a rough rutty track.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

No I dont, I have never owned or worked on a truggy... I would take a guess at it though and say that removing the swaybars will let the suspension move more free threw the ruff stuff..If the track is dry and slick removing the sways can also add more grip by letting the truggy or buggy roll(side) in the corners more. If the track is damp and or has alot of grip and you remove the sways you might end up traction rolling in the corners, If the case ya might wanna throw some more - camber on...
If the track is slick or blown out I usually end up ditching the swaybars...
Old 05-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Chad Man
No I dont, I have never owned or worked on a truggy... I would take a guess at it though and say that removing the swaybars will let the suspension move more free threw the ruff stuff..If the track is dry and slick removing the sways can also add more grip by letting the truggy or buggy roll(side) in the corners more. If the track is damp and or has alot of grip and you remove the sways you might end up traction rolling in the corners, If the case ya might wanna throw some more - camber on...
If the track is slick or blown out I usually end up ditching the swaybars...
If the track is rutted out in the corners the buggy/truck will also traction roll Much easier, no matter the conditions. On a high grip track on my 2.0 I have 2.7 sways and on a medium grip track I use 2.3's.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Shocks more "upright" and set up as soft as you can without "bottoming out" and "chassis slap" over jumps.
This is the same thing I do. It is the setup for a blown track.