R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #31
Tech Initiate

+1 on the Eb Mods Js Racing Engine, super smooth engine, with cool running temps, great run time, easy to tune. Be sure to try out the Ascendancy Racing Clutch, the 32mm one is for the Kyosho. The clutch really allows you to transfer all the power of the engine to the ground, with a bunch of wheel spin, it will be the last clutch you run. You can take a look at the clutch here at this website http://tkocompetitiondev.com/index.php?cPath=38_126

TKO Bearings
BMR Graphics
revracer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by revracer222 View Post
+1 on the Eb Mods Js Racing Engine, super smooth engine, with cool running temps, great run time, easy to tune. Be sure to try out the Ascendancy Racing Clutch, the 32mm one is for the Kyosho. The clutch really allows you to transfer all the power of the engine to the ground, with a bunch of wheel spin, it will be the last clutch you run.
+1
Who8mySandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

RevRacer = Nice fuel/air pressure line layout.. I was debating gluing some line holders like that... I also like the stealth look too
Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #34
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
hey you asked for the best engine for your k car. You never mentioned anything about a budget or getting queesy about spending 500 on an engine. The k car is the most expensive buggy on the market espically if you have the tki kit why go cheap on an engine. I know a place that has speed engines cheaper. Absolutehobbyz.com check it out. http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...roducts_id=535
No, sure i think the O.S is a grate engine and i don't really have a budget either but when i hear people saying that the js has the same power, runtime and life as the speed i think if would be interesting to try. Still i regard both the speed and the nova as "safe cards" but i think it's interesting to try something that half of my club isn't running. But the speed sure is nice
Martin.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Alpha all the way!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #36
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

after running just about every engine out there i got the new Sirio STI Evo4 factory tuned + mod and this thing is bad as hell., i can out run any mod engine without any problem., it has insane mid & top end using an 053 pipe.

D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
after running just about every engine out there i got the new Sirio STI Evo4 factory tuned + mod and this thing is bad as hell., i can out run any mod engine without any problem., it has insane mid & top end using an 053 pipe.

yeah, my friend has one! i have the older BK2 and i can almost hang on but not quite
Old 05-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #38
D8
Tech Master

it is one fast engine for sure...
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #39
Tech Apprentice

Hello!
My sirio blew today after a bearing failure so i ended up ordering a Nova +4 since i have a race this weekend. So, thanks for all the tips, a +4 team and a 9901 to be correct .

How do i brake in this engine the best way? heat cycle or the method specified in the manual?

/M
Old 05-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin.S View Post
Hello!
My sirio blew today after a bearing failure so i ended up ordering a Nova +4 since i have a race this weekend. So, thanks for all the tips, a +4 team and a 9901 to be correct .

How do i brake in this engine the best way? heat cycle or the method specified in the manual?

/M
Talk to Houston at HES he will walk you through it like he did for me on both of my plus 4's. He no doubt has it down to a science

<>< Jesus answered, I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me.
WINTER350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #41
Tech Adept

OS Speed mine runs great

Sorry about your damn luck!!!
DWood is offline   Reply With Quote