R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
haha i saw that at the last race, ill be getting a 4s 5600mah pack should last a couple months!
5600 takes too long to charge.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Any one know how fast a lipo starter box can turn over a engine ? (RPM's) When i put a lipo on my box i was a little worried about it spining so fast too. At the track i cant warm up my motor before i start it and just wondering if it was doing any damage. I've gotten used to how fast it spins now and dosent make me as nervous as before. Not sure if this is good or bad.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Sorry to be so neg about the losi box. I had one eat a brand new $90 lipo. It shorted out and took the lipo with it. Been running the ofna blue truggy box for well over a year now and never looked back. I had to get a bigger lipo guys are always using my box to start their cars. The 2200mah pack would not last the day starting 3-5 cars. 3400mah gets the job done now
was it a new losi box, if it was the reason that happened is bc the new losi box comes with 2 coils on the motors , they are protecting themselves for guys who use lipos and over load the motors so they wont burn out, i bought a new losi box too and with my 4 cell lipo 2200 , had no balls, so i looked inside i saw to coils, all i did was take one coil off, and now i got power, and for the guy who says 5000 mz battery can go for a month, ya ok good luck, i can go maye 2 race days witha 2200 4 cell, all a lipo does is release the current alot faster and gives u more balls for those real tight motors
skidoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbrad View Post
Any one know how fast a lipo starter box can turn over a engine ? (RPM's) When i put a lipo on my box i was a little worried about it spining so fast too. At the track i cant warm up my motor before i start it and just wondering if it was doing any damage. I've gotten used to how fast it spins now and dosent make me as nervous as before. Not sure if this is good or bad.
doesnt matter how fast the motor spins, it wont harm the engine, i use lipos for 3 years now in my boxes and wont go no other way, but be careful u dont over use the lipo and run it under its voltage, bc there is no voltage cut off on boxes
skidoos is offline   Reply With Quote