R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Question

I'm looking to buy a new 1/8 buggy real soon. I have had a 777 WC, and RC8B. Out of all new buggys out, I was considering the O'Donnell 2-in-1 kit, looks like a killer buggy for a sick deal, or the Hot Bodies D8. I have driven my buddy's D8 for a bit and can say that I liked the way it felt, but am looking for something with a little higher quality I guess (no offense to any D8 owners), which I think the O'Donnell has. Just looking for some opinions as I am having trouble pulling the trigger on one by myself haha. Also I will probably race this buggy for this upcoming summer season here in Michigan.

Thanks
spierski0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

dont buy the Odonnell yet, a new version is coming out in the next month or two at the latest. its a million times better and the 2-in-1 kit is already an awesome buggy. i have one, i also have a D8T and HB is actually great quality, the older ones werent IMO but the new kits are alot better. worth every penny IMO. i love mine, i drove the snot out of it today to see what it could do and i didnt break anything and not one screw was loose, i hit the pits wide open, spun up a the jump beside it and i also hit a another truggy wide open head on coming at the end of the straight, he was coming backward but the Odonnell is great also, but i have broken it a good bite, the diff screws for the toe blocks is a bad design, kept ripping the screw out of the dif case on not rough driving. also the odonnell comes with plastic shock caps, not a huge weak point though. but the drive train on it is bullet proof . i like the buggy alot but the diff case problem was getting old till i finally took a LONG screw and screw it threw the whole diff case with a locking nut on the other side, problem solved. to be honest you cannot go wrong with either the D8 or the Z01B. but like i said dont spend the money on the 2-in-1 kit right now the Z01B SG is going to be out very soon their is an "upgrade kit" out now for 120 but it doesnt even have the same chassis as the SG

here is what the SG comes with now, not all parts are even listed on the website lol. hardly anything is the same on the two OD buggies, you can compare the two OD buggies on this website: http://www.z01b.com/features-sg.html
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote