R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can speak from expierence this is one durable buggy. I just got back into this hobby after a four year break so my driving is the worst there is. My poor buggy did more end-over-ends, cartwheels, etc the whole day then what most do in their lifetime and not a single broken part.
The engine with the turbo button mod is plenty. Here is the link to show you what it is. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSR2345
My buddy had that thing clearing all the trips, and even bigger jumps than that with ease. It has enormous pinch when first trying to break in. Make sure u get some good batteries for the starter box cause u r gonna need them to turn that thing over. Absolutely happy with my purchase, can't get a more complete rtr. Yes ther servos are the worst junk I ever had in a rtr. Both of mine took a crap the first time on the track. But two used servos later and she's all good. I don't have deep pockets like many do, so this rtr buggy was a dream come true to get into 1/8 buggies.
cloud9graffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #17

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ripped the original shock end out on lap 3 while in 2nd up from 5th. continued (had to run away from a friend marshallin who tried to pick up my car 2 laps in a row at his corner to shut me off. but it felt driveable so i kept goin. i wanted my 30min main)

learned how to drive to its abilities on 3 legs and safe pitstops. ran 4th outta 15buggy amain. now thats tough.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to DiaRh34

Been running the buggy since they came out, its my first nitro kit after taking a 5 year break from running electric then a track opened up locally so I decided to get back into racing and waiting about a month to get this thing and I'm glad I waited. Pretty much everything said in here was true for me. Had to replace both servos right away. The engine is VERY tight when you break it in. I had some problems with mine being consistent probably could of been fixed with the turbo button (someone else locally did that with theirs and raced it all last season with no problems) but I picked up a used modded 5port gotech off a friend with the stock pipe and ran it most of the season then got a reedy for it this season with an re11 and its awesome.Anyways enough of that, right away you will need servos basically and you will want to get 2 more clutch shoes since it only comes setup with 2 clutch shoes, I ran it one race day and then ordered 4 answer shoes and those lasted ALL season pretty nice value right there. I was worried about the starter box at first. i went through one wheel getting the engine broke in (first time with a nitro so may of been some of my fault there) I've seen people upgrading the box to dual motor also but mines fine now with the single, broke in my reedy just fine using 2 stick packs. The radio is very solid A+ there. I may get a turbo button sometime for the 350 to use for a backup since I barely ran it a gallon and a half.

ok I'll stop typing, all and all this is a great kit once you upgrade the servos
DiaRh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Absolutely love my RTR 8T 2.0. Use a 12volt gel cell for the starter box. Wire up a charging jack(i used some from radio shack or you could use a dynamite micro panel) since you can't get to the poles on the battery once installed. You prolly want to put a fuse on it in case your solder joints decide to pop off. Get 2 new servos and you got a done deal. I put JR9100S and T i found on ebay used for $150. I hear the hitecs are the way to go.

I run byrons race 30% with 11% oil in the stock Losi 454. So far motor has ran like a champ. I just noticed my tune for the track was a lot leaner than when tuning in a wide open space. Prolly my driving style on the track.

thebarnfloor.com has the rtr buggy for $589.99 and the truggy for $659.99. Add it to cart and you will see the price. You might be able to get a local hobby shop to price match that as i did.

Don't forget all the other little nickle and dime parts you'll need throughout the race season. I started out with nothing and prolly have over 1200 bucks in it now so it adds up.

My next engine will be a Werks B5 when the 454 wears out.

Hope this helps!
bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote