Wiki Posts
Search

RC8 or D8

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC8 or D8

I am stuck between the two as my next buggy. Can anybody think or an advantage one has over the other or serious downfall one has before i do a build.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had an RC8B. It ran well but I was not very impressed with the plastic. The plastic parts, i.e. the radio tray, would strip constantly during normal maintenance and no, I didn't gorilla hand the thing.

I bought the D8 and I am enthralled with it. It is extremely forgiving, handles well, and is inexpensive. There will be those that say that the plastic on the HB is not very good but my opinion is so far that couldn't be farther from the truth. I haven't had any issues (knock on wood) with the plastic on my D8 or D8T and I've ran them both very hard.

My RC8B and my SC8 (same parts) always seemed to have plastics issues.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

I have the rc8 and run into is is always broken, did not know if I got some B parts if it would be better, i have run into the same thing during maintence. i thought of the hot bodies car because i have heard they take a beating and easy to work on
Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I like mY Hotbodies Bug and Trug alot.. Wouldn't pick anything different..
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i just switched to HB and i absolutely love it. ill will be getting more of them. they are so easy to drive. and you can NOT beat the price. i like the HB better than mugen but thats driver preference though. more and more people are switching to HB and one diehard Xray driver in my area just switched to HB and he said it handles way better than his Xray stuff did and he is now way faster. at this weekends georgia championship series race HB went 1 and 3 (me) in the truggy class and both of us never drove an HB till the race. i havent gotten the buggy yet so i didnt race buggy but he did and he was by far the fastest but he had a screw come out and wasnt able to finish the main, he was leading when it happened.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

I test the durability of the RC8 and have had no problems. There is no problem with either of them. Buy one and enjoy it.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No problems with my RC8 either love it. Also like the price point on the Hotbodies just pick one and enjoy.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (88%+)

HB D8 no question.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
No problems with my RC8 either love it
the only things ive ever broken in the 2 years ive had my rc8 (knock on wood) is one upper control arm (nasty crash) and then a rod end when it was cold and got hit from the side. and then the plastic top plate from coming up short on a big jump. not bad for my driving lol
Old 04-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

I here you all on pick one but I was just seeing from others that have them. I love AE and I think my blood is blue but I may try the hotbodies car
Old 04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you wont be disappointed with the HB D8, not taking anything away from RC8 though, they both are great buggies but personally i prefer the HB.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

GO HOT BODIES D8!!! CHEAP PARTS AND VERY STABLE!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

If your going to put hop-ups on a D8 it's not any cheaper. Personally I would put the New HB 3mm chassis and some lightweight parts on it. So price would go up. I know people will say it's not needed. Let's be real. People like hop-up's. If your going to use any of the team guys set-ups. They use the light weight parts. They make a difference. The only option for the RC8B is the Pistons. That I can think of right now. Either will get the job done.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
If your going to put hop-ups on a D8 it's not any cheaper. Personally I would put the New HB 3mm chassis and some lightweight parts on it. So price would go up. I know people will say it's not needed. Let's be real. People like hop-up's. If your going to use any of the team guys set-ups. They use the light weight parts. They make a difference. The only option for the RC8B is the Pistons. That I can think of right now. Either will get the job done.
People do like hop ups, and everyone always comments on the price of a HB after hop ups.. But, everyone puts hop ups on Kyoshos, Mugens, AEs, ETC...