R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
if there is any gray matter on your plug your piston is shot douglas

the wrist pin is probably loose in the piston and causing what i said bro , i do know what i am talking about when it comes to engines little buddy

is that on your plus 4 that has the really wierd low needle setting?
at 10 gallons i dont think its gonna matter whats where im just sayin

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #17
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixxer View Post
at 10 gallons i dont think its gonna matter whats where im just sayin
i have seen a few nova engines run for 17 gallons with no maintenance at all , just byrons fuels . the original blend !!! I LOVED THAT STUFF!!!

seen many other ones with 10-13 gallons on em

but yes i do agree 10 gallons on an engine at the nitro pit is a fair amount fershur!!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
i have seen a few nova engines run for 17 gallons with no maintenance at all , just byrons fuels . the original blend !!! I LOVED THAT STUFF!!!

seen many other ones with 10-13 gallons on em

but yes i do agree 10 gallons on an engine at the nitro pit is a fair amount fershur!!!
thats why i made the switch to nova ...so far im very pleased ...but really its hard not to be ... and also been very impressed with the bearings in the 4c and the p5 ..at 4 gallons on the 4 they are like new ..same on the 5 with 3 gallons on it

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default I will be sleeping before you finish reading this

Quote:
Sooner or later the bottom of the wrist pin shoulder will blow out and kill the rest of the engine if the wrist pin is loose in the piston . Its like a jack hammer !!

Losi_racer,
As Monty suggested (He knows these novarossi engine models well) with considerations you had already replaced both bearings and nothing else, your first area of focus should be inspecting the wrist pin along with piston point of connection. Next, The crank pin and lower conrod bushing wear should be referenced. At the very least I myself would have replaced the R7 conrod at the 5-6 gallon point, if not sooner. Finally, the piston outside diameter surface finish condition is easy enough to see good or bad. I recommend a simple clean sleeve liner with denatured alcohol inspecting with eye loop/mag glass. Anything more than a few shallow liner scratches would require a light hone to correct, other wise even with the best pinch in town the sealing capabilities are compromised. I hope this assists you in determining weather this engines continued life span is with or without reasonable expectations.

RayAracing
TOOLING: http://www.rayaracing.com/prodtooling.htm
RayA is offline   Reply With Quote