R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
J.Sears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Versailles KY
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Bearing size for MR21 B01T

I bought a brand new still in the box MR21 B01T yesterday and was wanting to know what size bearings are in this motor. I know they dont make this motor anymore but wasnt sure if you could still get some ceramics for it.
J.Sears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
Peter Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

7x19x6 and 14x25.4x6
Peter Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Sears View Post
I bought a brand new still in the box MR21 B01T yesterday and was wanting to know what size bearings are in this motor. I know they dont make this motor anymore but wasnt sure if you could still get some ceramics for it.
I like that engine, why do you want to change the bearing on the new well made engine?
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
J.Sears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Versailles KY
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
I like that engine, why do you want to change the bearing on the new well made engine?
I'm not going to right now just thought i would put some ceramics in it later on doww the road. Is this motor as bad a$$ as they say it is?
J.Sears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Sears View Post
I'm not going to right now just thought i would put some ceramics in it later on doww the road. Is this motor as bad a$$ as they say it is?
If you dont mind, how much did you pay for it.
__________________
I'm not sponsored so it does not matter what I put here.
Shuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
J.Sears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Versailles KY
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I paid $300.00 for it. I dont think that was to bad do you?
J.Sears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Infinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

is this the one with the white magnesium heatsink? If it is, its a great mill but tuning's a bitch!! I have 3 of these and i can tell you that tuning is different compared to the normal Ninja MR and GRP mills. This mill will run a little hotter than normal.
Also watch the heatsink as its softer than aluminium and will bend or even crack easily!
Lastly, you heard right about not being able to get a single part for this mill. The internals are totally different from the normal versions. I've been looking for the past 2 half years.
If the shop that sold you this has another, please let me know. Need another to break down for parts.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I've one of these engine that I'm parting out...pm me if interested:

GRP 5 Port Ninja MR21 B01 - Parting OUT MR21B01 .21
TopGearRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Infinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Sorry! your's isn't a MR21 B01T, i'm looking for the Mario tuned MR21 B01T Mag Head version's parts.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
J.Sears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Versailles KY
Posts: 837
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
is this the one with the white magnesium heatsink? If it is, its a great mill but tuning's a bitch!! I have 3 of these and i can tell you that tuning is different compared to the normal Ninja MR and GRP mills. This mill will run a little hotter than normal.
Also watch the heatsink as its softer than aluminium and will bend or even crack easily!
Lastly, you heard right about not being able to get a single part for this mill. The internals are totally different from the normal versions. I've been looking for the past 2 half years.
If the shop that sold you this has another, please let me know. Need another to break down for parts.
It is the one with the white magnesium head and i didnt buy it from a shop I bought it from a buddy of mine not sure where he got it from I know the guy he bought it from had like 4 or 5 brand new ones but I know they are all gone now. I hate to hear that it's a bitch to tune because I'm not that good of a tuner although I am getting better. I have had both the GRP and the JX ninja and you say it tunes like niether of these huh. I thought the grp was kinda hard to tune it seemed like it tuned kinda ass backwards for some reason. Yes i did know that you could not get parts anymore. not really sure why I bought it I just wanted it real bad for some reason
J.Sears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Infinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Well, maybe its the 'white' Mag heatsink that made you swing toward this mill? Looked really cool to have.
Anyway, if you decide to sell it let me know.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:25 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net