Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Wheel replacements for kyosho inferno st-us truggy? >

Wheel replacements for kyosho inferno st-us truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wheel replacements for kyosho inferno st-us truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Wheel replacements for kyosho inferno st-us truggy?

Evening chaps, I've torn a tire on my truggy and have had a hard time sourcing a replacement via my LHS. As such I've decided to replace the wheels altogether, and am in need of some advice. This is purely a basher, and is primarily run in large tarmac areas, with very light off-road use occasionally. I'm looking at maybe swapping for road tires, or possibly even buggy tires. My truggy takes a 19mm hex fitting, is there much available?

I'm not looking for race-spec rubber, just some that fits and i can throw on to bash about The cheaper the better, really. Oh, I'm in England, in case location is relevant.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

James
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lawson1024
Evening chaps, I've torn a tire on my truggy and have had a hard time sourcing a replacement via my LHS. As such I've decided to replace the wheels altogether, and am in need of some advice. This is purely a basher, and is primarily run in large tarmac areas, with very light off-road use occasionally. I'm looking at maybe swapping for road tires, or possibly even buggy tires. My truggy takes a 19mm hex fitting, is there much available?

I'm not looking for race-spec rubber, just some that fits and i can throw on to bash about The cheaper the better, really. Oh, I'm in England, in case location is relevant.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

James
Unless you have changed the hexes it should take 17mm hex.. There were a few trucks back in the day that ran 19mm though, bt none come to mind ATM.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Kyosho Inferno ST US Sport 2 Ready Set Truggy
[KYO31354SG-B]
MAP Price: $539.99
Kyosho Inferno ST US Sport 2 Ready Set Truggy
Click to enlarge
This item earns up to 365
Customer Rewards Points!

In Stock!

Wish List!
Buy Now!

This is the Kyosho Inferno ST US Sport 2 Ready Set Truggy. When it comes to 1/8th Off-Road, Kyosho is number one in quality and design and nothing has been spared in designing this RTR Truggy. The gear boxes have hardened steel spiral cut ring an pinion gears. What this means is Kyosho was able to get the transmission ratio corrected for the large Truggy tires without having to use a huge spur gear. This keeps the motor more centered in the car and the center diff lower to the chassis. Low and centered weight is always a good thing!

The Inferno ST-US Sports is equipped with all the latest technology. It comes with a 12 model memory, LCD display, digital radio with all the adjustments you would ever want. The drive train rides on all ball bearings and the power from the super powerful GXR28 is transfered through a hardened steel clutch bell and spur gear. A high torque steering servo has been spec'd for great steering accuracy and durability. Last but not least, the body comes fully detailed and a competition rear wing is added to make this truck that much more ready for the track or the backyard!

Features

* New Blue 17mm Hubs - New Anodized Blue17mm wheel hubs. Now you can use all standard 17 mmm wheels.
* World Championship Quality - The suspension features double A-arms, which is the same type of suspension used on the world's most sophisticated performance machines. It's durable so have the confidence that it's going to hold up even under extreme conditions.
* 150cc Fuel Tank - Longer run times are always a plus, and the Inferno ST includes a big 150cc fuel tank for run time of up to 15 minutes. The tank features a quick-fill spring loaded top, so you can refuel while the engine is running so you can race around until the sun goes down.
* New Wing Mount - A new rear wing mount raises the rear wing 18mm and moves it 8mm to the rear, creating more down force for better jumping performance and improved high-speed handling and traction.
* New 4.6 Big Block Engine - Powering the Inferno ST Sport 2 is a big 4.6cc (.28 c.i.) pull start engine (GXR28SG). This new engine features modifications to increase performance and value.
* Full Ball Bearings - Full ball bearings throughout for maximum efficiency through the drive system.
* High Performance Clutch - High performance teflon clutch shoes.
* Hardened Gears - Front and rear diffs use machined, hardened steel spiral ring and pinion gears.
* Perfex KT-14 - Set the end-points etc with the multifunctional Perfex 14 digital transmitter with LCD display, 12 model memory, end-point adjustment, digital sub-trim and more.
* Body - Body comes complete with unique color scheme.
* Hardened Components - Hardened clutch bell and spur gear standard.
* Tough Truggy - Factory-assembled chassis shares the same tough characteristics and low center of gravity as the World Championship winning Inferno 777.
* Tuned Muffler - Includes hand-welded manifold and tuned muffler.
* Tons of Travel - Long suspension arms provide tons of travel and a super wide stance.
* 4WD - Shaft-driven 4WD with a long-wheelbase chassis and ultra-long suspension arms.

ReadySet Contents
Factory assembled chassis with pre-adjusted linkages
Special manifold and muffler
Pre-painted completed body with stickers pre-attached
Pre-Installed Perfex KT-14/2-ch 2-servo (KS-1401 servo spec.)
Pre-installed GXR28 engine with recoil starter
Glow Ignitor
Fuel bottle
Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, in all honesty, I've not measure the hubs, but I was told that they were 19mm. I'll check when I get home. The hole in the centre of the my stock wheels looked smaller than that in the 17mm wheels in my LHS.

If it is indeed a 17mm fitting, does this mean I can run any 17mm wheels, or am I still limited?

Also, my hubs are definately not anodized blue

Thanks

James
Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

how old is yours?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Additionally, though I mentioned street or buggy tires, if this adds any complication then it can be disregarded. It was only an idea, regular truggy replacements would be absolutely fine also.

James
Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by token
how old is yours?
16-18 months or so
Old 04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Additionally, though I mentioned street or buggy tires, if this adds any complication then it can be disregarded. It was only an idea, regular truggy replacements would be absolutely fine also.

James
There is a road tread for truggy/mt rims called Road Rage I believe.. But and Rim with a 17mm hex will bolt on, but the gearing will be off, IE Your truck will be slower with buggy wheels.. But it should get to top speed in a hurry..
Old 04-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Right, so does this mean (I hope it does) that I'm mistaken about different brands using a different hole size (for the nut/bolt on the wheel), despite using the 17mm fitting? I hope this makes sense.

James
Old 04-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If a truggy uses 17mm hex for their wheel you'll be able to use that same wheel on any brand.

Check out the for sale section too, there are some good deals on new and slightly used tires all the time.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I technically only need 1 tire, as I still have the rim and foam insert, so maybe the for-sale section would be ideal. Sorry to keep asking, but I want to be certain...... all 17mm wheels will fit? I don't wanna waste my money. Anybody know for sure?

James
Old 04-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Well I technically only need 1 tire, as I still have the rim and foam insert, so maybe the for-sale section would be ideal. Sorry to keep asking, but I want to be certain...... all 17mm wheels will fit? I don't wanna waste my money. Anybody know for sure?

James
Do you want a tire or a wheel? You keep saying both..

ANY 17mm HEX wheel will mount on your 17mm Hex Hubs. I am not saying they are ideal, but yes they will mount up.. Since you are bashing it doesn't reall matter...
Old 04-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Either a tire, a wheel, or a set of wheels would be fine. Ideally it'd just be a single tire, as this would be, by far, the most cost effective solution. My LHS, despite stocking various truggies (including my Inferno), don't stock a single truggy tire. Not exactly ideal.

Also, I've just got in from work, and so have been able to measure the hubs. There is a 14mm hex, with a (plastic) 19mm hex fitment connected to it, though it is easily removed. Does this mean I can use either a 14mm or 19mm, or should this type of fitting always be used with the 19mm 'adaptor'?

Bit annoyed to find that neither were 17mm
Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just another thought.......

Would the 19mm adaptor bit have been replaced by a 17mm adaptor on the newer model, or is it more likely to be a 1-piece 17mm, with no adaptor fitted?

If it's the former, then perhaps I could aqcuire one. Though I suspect the latter is more likely.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Just another thought.......

Would the 19mm adaptor bit have been replaced by a 17mm adaptor on the newer model, or is it more likely to be a 1-piece 17mm, with no adaptor fitted?

If it's the former, then perhaps I could aqcuire one. Though I suspect the latter is more likely.
I'm assuiming oyu bought this used?? I would look into getting the proper 17mm hexes for the ST-RR, and get a set of standard off-set wheels, with your choice of tires for it.. Not sure who or why anyone would want 14mm or 19mm hexes. If you use the 14mm hex you can mount basically any T-Maxx wheel..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.