R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Man I leave my $h!t all spread out under my tent. iphone in the bose dock, tools everywhere parts NIP in the roller bags 2 chargers on the table and usually 300-400 worth of lipo batteries charging or on the table. That just plain sucks I would be pissed if someone else stole from me at a race. I guess I need to be more cautious. Stealing is just plain wrong. I am the type that gives back change when the teller gives me too much...

They will get what is coming to them there is no way around it.
X2 I leave everything out. I don't have to worry about it at my local track.

I would think if there is a reoccurring problem at one particular track, something could be done to prevent it. I like the idea of fencing the pits in and only allowing registered racers and their families, friends, etc... in. Or if you wanted to allow spectators into the pits, you could require everyone to wear a "guest" pass. If someone with a pass tries to walk out of the pits with a vehicle, it would be immediately evident that something was up. It's sad that it has to come to this, but it might be the only option. There is just too much money in these vehicles and all the gear that goes with them to allow it to continue.

These thieves should die in a fire!!
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #32
Tech Regular

I say get with the local police and hire a couple officers for events they are always willing to come work because of the pay they get out if it, and are highly effective.

I have worked many years, and now on the side to pay for my RC habbit with a huge Dallas Valet company and we did this with Dallas Police to watch offsite parking lots, and everytime they were out there we never had a car broken into in some of the darker areas Dallas is known for where a lot of night life clubs are located.

All you have to do is up the entry fee a bit and explain where the extra money is going and I bet no one complains. These guys are great and know exactly what to watch for if you have the owner give them a run down on whats going on and what to patrol and watch more closely. Might even pull in some new fans from the law enforcement side that will be more then willing to start helping at discounted fees or deals at the local shop on their gear..

Just a thought hopefully someone runs with it and give it a shot. It worked for us in a different situation.
Losi 8IGHT 2.0 B/Werks B7 Pro/2013/Hitech HV Servos
Losi 8IGHT 2.0 E/Mamba Monster ESC/Xcelorin 2100kv or NEU Castle 2650kv *RIP-LIPO FIRE
RJNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smracer31 View Post
revelation needs to fence off the rear pit section and have drivers only in pit area. if everyone has to funnel through the gate, i think it would deter thief's.
+1000

It used to be fenced off, it was a pain to unload. I will gladly deal with the extra walk if Dana would put the fence back up. It needs to be about 6' high this time, so everyone can see if somebody is trying to toss something over the top.
Oh yea, for those that dont know, Darren=Baldy.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
+1000

It used to be fenced off, it was a pain to unload. I will gladly deal with the extra walk if Dana would put the fence back up. It needs to be about 6' high this time, so everyone can see if somebody is trying to toss something over the top.
Oh yea, for those that dont know, Darren=Baldy.
Put some barbed wire on top too.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

as far as the cameras go, if not the track doing it, get one of those mini cameras that traxxas is marketing or something similar. or what I use sometimes in my back yard, a trail camera.. thats something a hunter uses to moniter an area before hunting season to see whats going thru and what time of day... Luckily we don't have this problem up here, but never say never, and it makes a guy really think..
Old 04-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I despise theives with a passion.
I sincerly hope whoever did this gets caught and traded like currency in jail
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #37
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Adam and Rhonda came out to my local track in White House, TN a few weekends ago and were both super. They left their stuff out where we could all see their equipment easily the whole time. They continued to answer the barrage of questions that racers had throughout the 3 day event. I couldnt be more impressed with them both. They pitted in a trailer next to mine and had both ends of it open all the time, along with their pit tables out in front of the trailer under tents; cars always visible. Rarely did I see them attached to their vehicles unless they were actually qualifying or racing. I hate that someone stole from Adam and stuff like this will only make the pros more cautious at races. I hope this doesnt put a damper on the current openness of top racers we all look up to and try to learn from. Its cool to be able to walk up and check out their cars without feeling like you are being watched.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Two of the worst kinds: Thieves and Liars. Karma's a b***h though...you know. Eventually they'll have to pay it back in spades.
Blackjack 26
Aka: Deebo, Poppa Pump / Busted Knuckle Wheelin' / Henchmen Racing
dnebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well if they are caught at Rev...the police will be called...just not right away!!
Peter Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #40
Tech Apprentice

karma will get him... what goes around come around.
Peter - D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Man, that's pretty sad. I go to Rev at least one or twice a week and leave all my stuff out.

I wouldn't mind pitching in to help Dana purchase a camera system. Anybody else willing to pitch in?
JodyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #42
Tech Rookie

Wow, like alot of racers, I am very careless with my equipment at races. I have been very lucky not to have ever been ripped off. I am starting to hear about peoples stuff being taken more and more. If my stuff got ripped, It would put me out of the game! I can not afford to buy new equipment. we can all express different ideas about how to stop the stealing but the bottom line is that if some idiot wants to steal stuff, he can and will and people will continue to get away with it. what a shame. I certainly hoped the individual or individuals who are stealing at the races are not fellow racers and are not our regular friends and associates. Although it will probably never happen, I hope and pray that Mr. Drake and Darren get their stuff back!
Kingba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:19 PM   #43
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They were too dumb to realize exactly whose equipment they were taking. Thieves are just not smart enough to realize.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #44
Tech Elite

This is Bull_hit. I bet this was a group effort, not one person would be stupid enough to go into someones trailer, they had a look out and all. With the popularity of Drake, I strongly doubt it was a racer, just some neighborhood idiots. Its sad, but look at it this way, regardless of the economy this hobby is growing and attracting many new people that come and hang out at the track. Its not my fellow racers that I do not trust but the spectators. If you know that your track is attracting more people, we all need to have each others back and keep an eye out for everyone around you. I know who pits next to me and I know if someone don't belong there.... Just a common courtesy.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #45
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
This is Bull_hit. I bet this was a group effort, not one person would be stupid enough to go into someones trailer, they had a look out and all. With the popularity of Drake, I strongly doubt it was a racer, just some neighborhood idiots. Its sad, but look at it this way, regardless of the economy this hobby is growing and attracting many new people that come and hang out at the track. Its not my fellow racers that I do not trust but the spectators. If you know that your track is attracting more people, we all need to have each others back and keep an eye out for everyone around you. I know who pits next to me and I know if someone don't belong there.... Just a common courtesy.
+1 Token for sure