R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

+1 on the very little front brakes, if you watch Drakes youtube vids he addresses this and says especially in the truck that he doesn't run much front brake.
Also on the rear diff stress issue, if your diff is shimmed properly and everything is correct you should be able to run as much rear brake as you want, I would think a snappy clutch would apply a lot more stress to the diff then too much rear brake.
I also agree that you shouldn't have to adjust the flight of the truck in the air if you leave the takeoff correctly.
shady3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

ill give the loose front brakes a try next practice forsure, only been racing for 2 years and always still learning!!! thanks guys! mike
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3031 View Post
+1 on the very little front brakes, if you watch Drakes youtube vids he addresses this and says especially in the truck that he doesn't run much front brake.
Also on the rear diff stress issue, if your diff is shimmed properly and everything is correct you should be able to run as much rear brake as you want, I would think a snappy clutch would apply a lot more stress to the diff then too much rear brake.
I also agree that you shouldn't have to adjust the flight of the truck in the air if you leave the takeoff correctly.
Wise man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6WHGXq5nfA
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
Tech Prophet

well the only shim that i put, on the 1.0 t diff was one shim that goes underneth the big spider, gear like the manuel said.

i never thought that, a real snappy clutch can mess your diff up.

and yes more front brake does, make a buggy or a truggy feel like you lose your steering and push bad!
but you want a little in the front though.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
Suspended

i have never had a diff problem, but have went through 3 throttle servos in the last 3 weeks! finally just learned how to set the epa on the servo. hopfully this one last longer, getting expensive!!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
i have never had a diff problem, but have went through 3 throttle servos in the last 3 weeks! finally just learned how to set the epa on the servo. hopfully this one last longer, getting expensive!!
Just follow the losi addendum and you'll be fine. Setting the endpoint is a huge part of it. Make sure you have at least 1-2mm of pull on the linkage at full throttle. In other words you should be able to pull the carb open a little further than the servo does at full throttle. This will make sure the servo isn't stressed when the chassis flexes some. You also have to make sure the servo isn't hitting the chassis or side guard. If needed, use the included servo spacers to raise the servo enough to clear. If you are running a 1.0, I would HIGHLY suggest upgrading to the 2.0 radio tray.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #22
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Just follow the losi addendum and you'll be fine. Setting the endpoint is a huge part of it. Make sure you have at least 1-2mm of pull on the linkage at full throttle. In other words you should be able to pull the carb open a little further than the servo does at full throttle. This will make sure the servo isn't stressed when the chassis flexes some. You also have to make sure the servo isn't hitting the chassis or side guard. If needed, use the included servo spacers to raise the servo enough to clear. If you are running a 1.0, I would HIGHLY suggest upgrading to the 2.0 radio tray.
i should be good to go!!! i hope...lol