R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
Tech Addict
 
shady3031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

+1 on the very little front brakes, if you watch Drakes youtube vids he addresses this and says especially in the truck that he doesn't run much front brake.
Also on the rear diff stress issue, if your diff is shimmed properly and everything is correct you should be able to run as much rear brake as you want, I would think a snappy clutch would apply a lot more stress to the diff then too much rear brake.
I also agree that you shouldn't have to adjust the flight of the truck in the air if you leave the takeoff correctly.
__________________
The Warehouse RC-Birmingham, AL
AE RC8.2-E Tekin powered
Alabama Manufacturers Shootout-Don't Miss It
shady3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

ill give the loose front brakes a try next practice forsure, only been racing for 2 years and always still learning!!! thanks guys! mike
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3031 View Post
+1 on the very little front brakes, if you watch Drakes youtube vids he addresses this and says especially in the truck that he doesn't run much front brake.
Also on the rear diff stress issue, if your diff is shimmed properly and everything is correct you should be able to run as much rear brake as you want, I would think a snappy clutch would apply a lot more stress to the diff then too much rear brake.
I also agree that you shouldn't have to adjust the flight of the truck in the air if you leave the takeoff correctly.
Wise man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6WHGXq5nfA
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

well the only shim that i put, on the 1.0 t diff was one shim that goes underneth the big spider, gear like the manuel said.

i never thought that, a real snappy clutch can mess your diff up.

and yes more front brake does, make a buggy or a truggy feel like you lose your steering and push bad!
but you want a little in the front though.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

i have never had a diff problem, but have went through 3 throttle servos in the last 3 weeks! finally just learned how to set the epa on the servo. hopfully this one last longer, getting expensive!!
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #21
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
i have never had a diff problem, but have went through 3 throttle servos in the last 3 weeks! finally just learned how to set the epa on the servo. hopfully this one last longer, getting expensive!!
Just follow the losi addendum and you'll be fine. Setting the endpoint is a huge part of it. Make sure you have at least 1-2mm of pull on the linkage at full throttle. In other words you should be able to pull the carb open a little further than the servo does at full throttle. This will make sure the servo isn't stressed when the chassis flexes some. You also have to make sure the servo isn't hitting the chassis or side guard. If needed, use the included servo spacers to raise the servo enough to clear. If you are running a 1.0, I would HIGHLY suggest upgrading to the 2.0 radio tray.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #22
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Just follow the losi addendum and you'll be fine. Setting the endpoint is a huge part of it. Make sure you have at least 1-2mm of pull on the linkage at full throttle. In other words you should be able to pull the carb open a little further than the servo does at full throttle. This will make sure the servo isn't stressed when the chassis flexes some. You also have to make sure the servo isn't hitting the chassis or side guard. If needed, use the included servo spacers to raise the servo enough to clear. If you are running a 1.0, I would HIGHLY suggest upgrading to the 2.0 radio tray.
i should be good to go!!! i hope...lol
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies D8 Truggy Greg B Nitro Off-Road 10028 08-16-2017 05:44 PM
Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread tyhodge07 Electric Off-Road 8898 11-17-2015 05:31 PM
BCE speed Losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis xxxtcr Nitro Off-Road 355 12-17-2012 11:05 AM
Losi Truggy rcfreak24 Nitro Off-Road 1884 12-27-2009 12:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:59 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net