Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Clutch Bearings >

Clutch Bearings

Like Tree14Likes

Clutch Bearings

Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

David with Avid will take care of you for sure and if you have a prob let him know because he will do what he can to fix the prob so it doent happen again if its something with hes bearings
Old 04-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
What clutch bearings are you guys running? Ive been running avids and keep blowing them out at about a half gallon. Need some other options........
i run the double rubber avids and they last as long as i can remember, at least a gallon. they never blow up either, just fall apart during clutch work.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Joor
For those interested, hdcruzer contacted me about this and I take such things as #1 priority. What was happening to him is just unacceptable by my standards.

hdcruzer - Will you be running on the same track that you told me about before? I will have that package going out to you shortly. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Hi David, I e-mailed you. No, different tracks all summer now as the outdoor season has started. But Ill let you know. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

I have used every bearing compny out there, well not ready cause I just learned about them, but I use Avids for everything including the clutch. I will not pay over a buck for bearings period. Right now, for a club race, i get a day out of them, and if its a big race, i change them before the mains. I have had EVERY bearing out there fail and two or 4 bucks a day, is better that 60 in parts.
Old 08-14-2023, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The TKO does last longer. Do your periodic checks, clean up and re-oil and it lasts.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adrictan
The TKO does last longer. Do your periodic checks, clean up and re-oil and it lasts.
they aren’t the best value anymore. Several companies have outstanding clutch bearings where we are getting over a gallon for like $4
petersen114 and savage24x like this.
Old 08-21-2023, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cordarrow
Which reminds me....I need to find a filter oil that will go two gallons...

I'm having to change filters after one gallon....LOL
use mx no toil filter oil way better
Old 08-22-2023, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

I've been using the J&T Ultimate clutch bearings for quite some time now with great success.
Goof and buggybug like this.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

By far the best r the j&t ultimate clutch
Tko r good to but j&t kill it and my rule of thumb is 45 to 60 minutes and replace even if there good keep them but replace them
Clean after 10 minutes when new and check and clean before any main after
Old 10-24-2023, 05:21 AM
Tech Lord

I am happy with my 20 cent a piece cheap Asian bearings. No pain at al to replace them every race.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Goof
By far the best r the j&t ultimate clutch
Tko r good to but j&t kill it and my rule of thumb is 45 to 60 minutes and replace even if there good keep them but replace them
Clean after 10 minutes when new and check and clean before any main after
By far? Have you tested them all?
Goof likes this.
Old 10-24-2023, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

Originally Posted by token
By far? Have you tested them all?
Not all but i believe all was mentioned and some . Tko, avid, stock kit from every major brand , Jim's, fast Eddie's, China
And j&t kill them for me
Tko was a good second
And yes everyone has there own opinion

J&t have had the least issues for me and what iv seen at the tracks I'm at and they put me on the box not sponsor either

Last edited by Goof; 10-24-2023 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Don't waste your money on the No Namer brand bearings.

I have had really good luck with Avid Ceramic bearings n my clutches.

​I have had too many flame outs when I try to push and extend the life of clutch bearings. Not worth the worry, I enjoy finishing.

I like to rely on other issues to not finishing, like driving 😉
Old 11-20-2023, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ceramic bearings all the way. I use Boca Yellow Seals, but any ceramic bearings should work well. As a bonus, you can degrease the inner bearings and run them dry so they don't eventually fling grease all over the clutch bell, and because the balls are ceramic, they will keep the bearing races polished and smooth even without grease.

Originally Posted by Roelof
I am happy with my 20 cent a piece cheap Asian bearings. No pain at al to replace them every race.
That is a ridiculous waste of resources. There is no reason to replace bearings more often than absolutely necessary. You are the last person I would've expected to suggest using disposable parts just because they're inexpensive.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:31 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
That is a ridiculous waste of resources. There is no reason to replace bearings more often than absolutely necessary. You are the last person I would've expected to suggest using disposable parts just because they're inexpensive.
To make it clear, I do not replace them every race but I know people who do that. With a regular lubrication even these cheap bearings can last several races. But if you have expensive bearings you want to extend the life, with 20ct bearings there is no need to think about that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.