Search
Like Tree14Likes

Clutch Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
carolina r/c has some tko clutch bearings in stock.

when you blow the grease out of the clutch bearings, do you leave one side without the shield, or do you put the seal back on?
I run metal shielded bearings, and I don't remove the shields when I blast the grease out. Just drop them into the bearing blaster and blast the nitro spray through the shield. Then I put a couple drops of oil in each one and blast them with an air compressor to distribute the oil.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I run metal shielded bearings, and I don't remove the shields when I blast the grease out. Just drop them into the bearing blaster and blast the nitro spray through the shield. Then I put a couple drops of oil in each one and blast them with an air compressor to distribute the oil.
+1
Old 04-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Get a Xray clutch bell they use 5x12x4 bearings and last forever
Old 04-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
trust me man if you get a set of, tko bearings you wont have to worry about that problem.

I actually dont mind, it gives me a chance to check the clutch shoes and clean bell, if i had bearings that would last for a gallon id never check them....
Old 04-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mudboger07
I actually dont mind, it gives me a chance to check the clutch shoes and clean bell, if i had bearings that would last for a gallon id never check them....

i still check for clutch wear though, and cleaning the inside of the clutch bell lol.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Thumbs up

TKO special bearings are the best!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

might check the sheming of the cluch bell and make sure its not to tight that might be what makeing them go. give them a little room to expand when they get hot
Old 04-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
I just bought some answer bearings. Little more expensive then avid so hopefully a little bit better. The avids that I was running were not even lasting a half gallon.
I use the answer rc bearings also. they last what seems forever. I also got the over sized clutch bell and bearings. I am on 1.5 gallons on those with the answer clutch.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cordarrow
Now that's funny.........

I change them after every race...

As does anyone that's anybody.....
some people dont like to waste our money. i dont have clutch bearing failures. i spend 6 bucks on bearings for each clutch. ive ran about 7 clutches and havent had one fail, and also my clutches last longer too, my buggy gets about 2.5 gallons and my truggy gets about 2 gallons, and yes i measure my clutch every race day and replace at 23.4

. you buy avids or protec and replace every race day your spending 2 bucks a day, and your spending at least $10 in bearings plus most life i got out of a clutch while using avids are 1.5
Old 04-28-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those interested, hdcruzer contacted me about this and I take such things as #1 priority. What was happening to him is just unacceptable by my standards.

hdcruzer - Will you be running on the same track that you told me about before? I will have that package going out to you shortly. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hdcruzer
What clutch bearings are you guys running? Ive been running avids and keep blowing them out at about a half gallon. Need some other options........
Don't know the conditions you run in but if others are getting more mileage from there bearings than you I would suspect you have a clutch shimming AND OR clutch to spur gear clearance problem.
Both of these are critical for bearing life.
Also a lose clutch (too stiff springs or worn to far) will cause excessive heat and will EAT the bearings.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cordarrow
Now that's funny.........

I change them after every race...

As does anyone that's anybody.....
Do you use a mirror to kiss yourself?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

I run the metal shielded (basicly stk) bearings in my mp9 and I check them after every run. Life varies a little and depends on what clutch I'm running but for the most part I can get 3 full race days on one set of bearings and thats taking them out and cleaning them when I'm checking everything else anyways.. (clean freak) I have had many guys ask me for help with bearings and found that they have been running the same bearings for ever. Lack of tools? I have seen it many times that the bell teeth and also the spur gear teeth were worn to a point of the mesh no matter how loose or tight you had it was just not good and when you would run it the gears would torque up and put side presure on the bearings and they would fail.... I witnessed a dude blow threw 3 sets of bearings over about 100ft of track before I stepped in to figure it out... New bell and spur and he's prolly still running the same set of bearings 4 yrs later.... I'm sure you guys have one of these guys at your track... oh and he loves his dremel..
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Kyosho (part # BRG001) bearings are amazing quality and last a long time. I put a gallon through mine and they were still smooth.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.