R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Shut down at Chaplin! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/392257-shut-down-chaplin.html)

stvnmccc 04-24-2010 12:17 PM

Got a chance to run at Chaplin today, nice track

Got a chance to run at Chaplin today. Nice track

neobart 04-24-2010 12:35 PM

Well if they hadn't shut you down, the onroad guys day would've been ruined. Not that I care for racing onroad, just saying that it was a catch22 situation. onroad ond offroad tracks shouldn't be so close together anyways.

plack75 04-24-2010 01:16 PM

Like he said. It was a practice day for onroad. So who cares if your getting dust on a practice day. Put up a barrier btwn the tracks to divert the dust up and over the onroad track. I would have been pissed too

hdcruzer 04-24-2010 01:33 PM

Dont they know how to water down the track, to minmize dust?

neobart 04-24-2010 02:22 PM

It only takes a minuscule amount of dust on a onroad track to ruin traction.

Jason Pelletier 04-24-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by neobart (Post 7314212)
It only takes a minuscule amount of dust on a onroad track to ruin traction.

They need brooms. Thats why onroad sucks then if tiny dust ruins your day . Sounds like it's about the car and not about wheelin it.

RUNNINONMT 04-24-2010 02:28 PM

I HAVE A QUESTION

My question is are they holding on-road races this weekend.(sunday)

stvnmccc 04-24-2010 05:36 PM

They have a sprinkler system, but it wasn't hooked up yet. Listen guys, I dont want to put down the track. It is really a nice track. I was just disapointed is all. I work so much during the week and I am lucky to get a day in a week for RCing. I would have gone somewhere else to spend my day so I coulda got a full day in had I known there was a chance of not being able to run due to dust. No ill will to those guys. Just a learning experience is all.

OG RC 10T 04-24-2010 05:51 PM

Off road equals dust its no secret. If they cant operate both tracks at the same time, they either need a different location or should get there sprinkler system working. I agree its a catch 22 but either do one or the other - they cant seem to handle both.

Just my .02

NitroOB4You 04-24-2010 06:01 PM

I'm probably really gonna tee ya off...but

Both RCMadness and Wolcott planned to race today. I have not heard wether either got a decent sized crowd, but you likely could have raced today. RCM will race tomorrow, if it somehow stays good weather. And lastly, if you want to try indoors, RCExcitement will be running on the indoor track if the weather turns south. :)

jpalessi 04-24-2010 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You (Post 7314793)
Both RCMadness and Wolcott planned to race today. I have not heard wether either got a decent sized crowd, but you likely could have raced today. RCM will race tomorrow, if it somehow stays good weather. And lastly, if you want to try indoors, RCExcitement will be running on the indoor track if the weather turns south. :)

just a handful of us barnies played at wolcott today.. good day of TNT b4 the biggie next week. :)

awdcameolsx 04-24-2010 06:06 PM

I guess its a good thing I didn't head up there today then. I ran there a few times last year and its a beautiful track. It never really got dusty there at all from what I saw. I am surprised they had to shut down especialy with their track condition and the fence/drivers stand between the 2. Sucks to hear that dude. I do get the vibe there myself that it is an on-road preference track. If you want to run somewhere that you KNOW you will be able to run regardless of the weather RC Excitement is great because they got the indoor track that can be moved to.

jpalessi 04-24-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by stvnmccc (Post 7313933)
Got a chance to run at Chaplin today. Nice track

why change your initial post? dont be afraid to share your true experience..

stvnmccc 04-24-2010 06:42 PM

I think I got my message out there, I just dont want to be "that" guy. I love this sport and dont want to put any more negative attention to anyone.

K.Copeland 04-24-2010 06:50 PM

The whole world already knows that you are "that" guy...:D

That's too bad, but we've all seen the onroad turnout there vs the offroad turnout. So........it's only a matter of time before that pavement is ripped up and the offroad track is expanded.