R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Werks B5 or RB killer9

I race dirt late model and I'm considering two motors Werks B5 or RB Killer9. Both motor are close in price the Killer9 I can't find rpm or hp ratings but I read in RB thread and other places that this is a high performing motor,
I read in the B5 good things and Ron at werks customer service is second to none and the Werks motor runs in the RPM range I need? What pipe would you recomend for oval racing I have a JP1 JP2 and 053 Dynamite but I'm open to getting a pipe.
This is my home track
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...11/rCEcDA7txiY
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What are the guys you racing with running. Im an off roader and run the B5 with a 2013. Good motor lots of bottom and mid and a good top when you have a long enough straight away for it to wind out.....
hdcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

wow that would make me dizzy...atleast you only have to replace yer 2 right tires...would be sick with a nascar style body
streetsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
I race dirt late model and I'm considering two motors Werks B5 or RB Killer9. Both motor are close in price the Killer9 I can't find rpm or hp ratings but I read in RB thread and other places that this is a high performing motor,
I read in the B5 good things and Ron at werks customer service is second to none and the Werks motor runs in the RPM range I need? What pipe would you recomend for oval racing I have a JP1 JP2 and 053 Dynamite but I'm open to getting a pipe.
This is my home track
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...11/rCEcDA7txiY
On a oval course my modified JL 21 ( $250.00 modded with fitted piston) will outgun both engine mentioned..a JL and a K9 are the same engine...but with my work the JL becomes and absolute monster, good bottom, excelent mid and a unbelievable top end...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
On a oval course my modified JL 21 ( $250.00 modded with fitted piston) will outgun both engine mentioned..a JL and a K9 are the same engine...but with my work the JL becomes and absolute monster, good bottom, excelent mid and a unbelievable top end...
Old 04-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
This white man speakum truth! Heap big bunch of truth!
off road god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I ran my B5 in my buggy and it was extremly fast and now i run it in my truggy and it is plenty of motor for it i would have to go with the B5 and the gas milage is exccellent.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default k9 eats b5

Maximo is 100% correct his work is second to no one, his ofna jl .21 will suck up a b5 and spit out the parts, even the stock jl, or k9 - same motor, will smoke a b5. maximo can tell you the quality of the jl is excellent
randystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a batch of B5's I am working on.. look for a Clockwork B5 video soon !

IMHO if i was looking at stock engines the B5,K9 or Jl are awesome....tho I think I may like the B5's take no prisoners bottom end over the smoother JL and K9..but i tend to like alot of bottom end
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
Tech Master

Quote:
I have a batch of B5's I am working on.. look for a Clockwork B5 video soon !

IMHO if i was looking at stock engines the B5,K9 or Jl are awesome....tho I think I may like the B5's take no prisoners bottom end over the smoother JL and K9..but i tend to like alot of bottom end
Maximo every one else,
Thanks for input, I need my car to get off the corner quicker then the 28 I race and bottom end of the B5 sounds like a winner. The problem is I need a motor by Thursday to break in Friday and race saturday at 11 am. I am going to order a motor?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randystang View Post
Maximo is 100% correct his work is second to no one, his ofna jl .21 will suck up a b5 and spit out the parts, even the stock jl, or k9 - same motor, will smoke a b5. maximo can tell you the quality of the jl is excellent

Randystang, if you think that a stock JL or K9 will and I quote "suck up a B5 and spit out the parts" then I think that you have been drinking a little bit too much of the coolaid lol. Stock to stock the B5 will hold it's own with any motor out there especially against the cheaper taiwaneese engines that you mentioned. Now what happens after a modder like Maximo works his magic on them is another question. He has the ability to alter the performance of engines to suit whatever the specific intended use of the engine is, so then it's like comparing apples to oranges.
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I drove a jl.21 on my buddys losi and the motor was fast but no way did it have the power the B5.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
I drove a jl.21 on my buddys losi and the motor was fast but no way did it have the power the B5.
I bet, The B5 is a animal of a mill. The price is deceiving.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
Randystang, if you think that a stock JL or K9 will and I quote "suck up a B5 and spit out the parts" then I think that you have been drinking a little bit too much of the coolaid lol. Stock to stock the B5 will hold it's own with any motor out there especially against the cheaper taiwaneese engines that you mentioned. Now what happens after a modder like Maximo works his magic on them is another question. He has the ability to alter the performance of engines to suit whatever the specific intended use of the engine is, so then it's like comparing apples to oranges.
Ron, I joined the Werks family I love your passion for your product. I want your recomendation on the pipes I have 053 Dynamite,JP1,JP2. It's for oval racing and the track is hooked up.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
Ron, I joined the Werks family I love your passion for your product. I want your recomendation on the pipes I have 053 Dynamite,JP1,JP2. It's for oval racing and the track is hooked up.
If you can swing it, I would get a Werks 2013 pipe for it. If not I would think the 053 would be the best out of the ones you listed.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote