R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SHORT COURSE

I JUST WANNA VENT ALITTLE ABOUT THIS I HATE SLASHERS ALL THE LOCAL TRACKS ARE CHANGIN BECAUSE OF THEM TRACKS ARE STARTING TO LOOK LIKE ON ROAD TRACKS NOW. WITH ONE JUMP
Attached Thumbnails
SHORT COURSE-00000001%2520stitch.jpg  

Losi 8ight T 2.0 Alpha S852 (Orange Head)
www.hobbyhut.com
dadsvtechonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:10 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To bad. There just going with the flow. Of course you could just get one and see what all the fuss is about.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Working Man View Post
To bad. There just going with the flow. Of course you could just get one and see what all the fuss is about.
I did I don't like them at all. I gave my slash 4x4 to my son

www.hobbyhut.com
Old 04-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Yeah, I know where you are coming from, but unfortunately they have to appeal to where the numbers are. The SC class brings new racers, and new $$ to the tracks and keeps them open...And something is way better than nothing at all..
flame56mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I like short course trucks as well as my 1/8th scale rigs. Sadly they have toned down one of my favorite local tracks, but he did do things to make it more technical like add off cambers, ripple sections, and creative back to back 180's after the long straight. You can make a track to suite both, it just takes some creativity. Clearly the track pic you posted has someone who does not put much thought into the layout of the track.
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have not noticed any real change. Of course I run at Leisure Hours and we have a great track builder. I know that is not typical.
C.Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Yeah, I know where you are coming from, but unfortunately they have to appeal to where the numbers are. The SC class brings new racers, and new $$ to the tracks and keeps them open...And something is way better than nothing at all..
i know the buggy and truggy class are alot bigger i dont mind them racin but i dont like how they are making the tracks just for them. the pic above says it all

www.hobbyhut.com
Old 04-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

That track is ridiculous. I think its the owners lazy way of getting out of building a real track. The tracks around here run the SCT on the same track as the 1/8 scale. I was at an event today and they ran the stock slash and open 4x4 class ont he same track that I ran my buggy and truggy. I run the SCT classes to. They are fun and a real no stress heat. At the Nitro Challenge this year at the Nitropit, the largest track I have ever seen, they did the same with with Pro2 and Pro4 classes (2wd and 4x4 SCT's). This track was challenging gor the 1/8 scales on many legels with huge jumps and a deep whoops section the avg lap time for the pros was 45 secs. Then again at Silverstate they did the exact same thing ran the SCT's on the same track. There were no issues and once again it was fun. My salsh 4x4 is actually faster than my nitro buggy. I personally dont see a problem with running the SCT's on the nitro tracks. Once again I think the track owners are just plain lazy. The slashes can make it around a nitro 1/8 scale track and the 4x4's flat fly. It all boils down to a poor program and pretty soon the racers will develop an attitude just like yours and stop showing up .The bottom line is build a nitro track and then if there are enough SCY's let them have a heat or 2.

Does this looks like a SCT track??

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Frank L; 04-24-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Despite only having a few jumps; that seems to be a nice sized track and would be pretty awesome to run on.

I love offroad/dirt tracks like that; you actually get to race each other a lot harder and aren't limited by having to take 1-line through certain sections. Loooots more opportunities to get a good pass
Old 04-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I hate Slash.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to camocowboy
Default Love Racing

When they first came out I felt the same way about it. I used to hate electric all together too. Then I got to drive one and its a blast. With the new electric technology its plug and play. You can bump and bang and race hard with the SC trucks and with the more race built kits like the blitz and sc10 you can hone your driving skills as well. It's unfortunate that track builders are toning down 1/8th tracks because they dont have the vision or the drive to make it work for both. But like it or not, SC is the future of RC. Especially with the economy like it is, this is what is gonna bring people into the sport and keep it fun. So learn to just love racing, whether its on dirt or in the parking lot.
#92 Greg Singletary
Punched R/C Productions - Ascendancy Racing - Byrons Fuel - JGO Paint - The Nitro Pit - One Hobbies Shop and INDOOR RACEWAY
camocowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #12
Tech Prophet

to me it seems like the track owners, are to lazy to build more jumps at certain tracks but that track i seen, in the pic is dumb not everybody likes sc trucks.

all you have to do if you want it, more sc friendly is make the jumps not to big but big enough for 1/8 (etc) hobby hut track. and i do race sc once in a while.

and my r.i.p. track outta control was, tendened to both 1/10 and big enough for 1/8.

its not that hard to make a track like that lol.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #13
Tech Regular

Even if 4x4 Slashes "can" be ran on 1/8 tracks. Most people that are buying them are totally new to RC so their skills might not accommodate a difficult track. So many tracks have made their tracks easier to accommodate shops growing customer base.

I think tracks should keep some of the bigger jumps but have a bail out jump on the bigger ones for Slash, ie a double double for a slash but one big jump for 1/8. That's a happy medium.
jk1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #14
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk1152 View Post
Even if 4x4 Slashes "can" be ran on 1/8 tracks. Most people that are buying them are totally new to RC so their skills might not accommodate a difficult track. So many tracks have made their tracks easier to accommodate shops growing customer base.

I think tracks should keep some of the bigger jumps but have a bail out jump on the bigger ones for Slash, ie a double double for a slash but one big jump for 1/8. That's a happy medium.
Same thing I was thinking. No reason to hate short coarse just because some are not good at building tracks. If you think about how many new people have gotten into rc from that class and then moved into 1/8 scale soon after, short course has been one of the good things to happen recently. You can't expect someone who's never been to an rc track to go their first time and buy $2,000 worth of stuff just to start racing. They are going to go with the $200 truck so they can get into it to have fun racing. Than in several instances that I have personally witnessed, those who wished to progress in they're racing moved into 1/8 scale. Others stay in short course which is fine. Help your local track builder with some new ideas for more triple jumps and rhythm sections to allow both classes in a constructive approach and they will probably embrace the idea. Go to him with a "short coarse sucks!" attitude and they'll probably not listen.
jglaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I live pretty close to this track...but I never ran there (I have no 1/8 stuff). I think I'd get bored running my SC10 on that track.

STADIUM TRUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
HP PRST-1
AE FT RC10GT2 (for when nitro ST rises from the dead!!)
lappdawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote