Wiki Posts
Search

spectrum radio binding and os vspec question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default spectrum radio binding and os vspec question

whats up, first, i have a dx2s and got a new sm3001 RX and bound it to my radio no prob, then got another sm3001 rx from someone at the races yesterday but cant get it to bind, when i plug the battery in it has one short flash and thats it, but when i plug a servo into it the servo is getting power but i cant move it cause it cant get it into bind mode, this reviever is older than the new one of course but its the exact same rx, it was working on the guys car i got it from. second question is i have a vspec that needs a rebuild and have a os 21 vg thats just broken in, will the piston and sleeve work in the vspec and get the vspec performance or are they not even compatible?
thanks for the input!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Check the wires that go in the receiver to see if one is flipped around..... positive to negative

Last edited by Justin B; 04-18-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The vspec. Idk if the p/s will fit but I they do you will not get the same performance out of it. Before you even think about rebuilding it make sure the pin on the crank is ok. Look in the official os engines thread for the tolerance to measure but this is the weak point. If he crank pin is gone then time for a new engine. If it does need a new p/s then get the speed p/s/r and put that in there. That will pedorm better than before. But 1st check the crank. BTW how many gallons are on the vspec?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

+1 on reversing the polarity I have been there done that. If your running in a buggy I would personally just use the VG for now its a decent motor. You can get the power you need out of it, just not the mileage that you would out of a V-spec. And they are not compatible. They might physically fit in but the porting is so different you could never get the motor to run right.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Justin B
Check the wires that go in the receiver to see if one is flipped around..... positive to negative
it was in right, your talking about the battery + and - right?
Old 04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frank L
The vspec. Idk if the p/s will fit but I they do you will not get the same performance out of it. Before you even think about rebuilding it make sure the pin on the crank is ok. Look in the official os engines thread for the tolerance to measure but this is the weak point. If he crank pin is gone then time for a new engine. If it does need a new p/s then get the speed p/s/r and put that in there. That will pedorm better than before. But 1st check the crank. BTW how many gallons are on the vspec?
ah ok, will do. thanks!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone else have any ideas? i had the pos and neg right
Old 04-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

is the receiver going the bind mode? if not then make sure you are pressing the bind button all the way. when you power on the RX with the bind button depressed, the led should blink rapidly, if its not then either the pushon switch is bad or the rx.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xjqkz
is the receiver going the bind mode? if not then make sure you are pressing the bind button all the way. when you power on the RX with the bind button depressed, the led should blink rapidly, if its not then either the pushon switch is bad or the rx.
hm ok, well i was hooking a charged battery directly to it so a switch isnt the problem, but when i plug in the battery the rx has a really short single flash and thats all, ill check and make sure the bind button isnt stuck in but im pretty sure it isnt. thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

In that case you need to hold the bind button down and the plug the battery in.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey vida this is scott ross, i race at vrps. if you are still having the issue let me know. you can call me at 678/378/2333.

when you hook the reciever up make sure the car is off and hold the bind button in with the car off and then turn it on. that will pt the rx in bind mode. if the car is on and you push the button it does nothing.

i have the psyco nitro blast trailor so look me up. i have several rx for spektrum and we can try a diffrent one to see if its the receiver or the car.