R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Backplates

I'm trying to figure out if the backplate on an RB .21 is the same as an OS .21.
Anyone? Anyone?
NOproblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOproblem View Post
I'm trying to figure out if the backplate on an RB .21 is the same as an OS .21.
Anyone? Anyone?
Not the same, and very doubtful that it would fit. What are you trying to do?
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Trying to put a Kwik Pit on an RB. Well, actually I'm trying to see if it's possible before I buy the RB. My budget is tight and I really can't afford a bump box at this time. I know I can get the KP backplate for an OS, just wasn't sure if it could be done with the RB. Looks like I'm going OS.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Oh, by the way, thanks DOMIT.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Quote:
Oh, by the way, thanks DOMIT.
You're welcome. Which RB were you looking at?
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

S3
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Let's start with a better set of questions.

What is your budget for a new engine (I assume that is what you are looking for.)

And the Kwik Pit is $30, about half the cost of a bump box... BUT... there are NO (and I mean ZERO) "race" engines that will work with that.

Maybe we can find and recommend a decent engine that will allow you to afford the bump box.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Well, I'm down to about $200 for a motor, pipe, clutch, rx batt. and a servo. I'm trying to build a car for my little bro. so he can come race with me and have something to tinker with between races so that hopefully he won't feel the need to go out, get drunk and end up in the hoosegow again. He is there now (studying the tuning bible from this section that I sent him) and I'm trying to get this thing together for when he gets out in June. He's a good kid, he's just got some demons to work out. So I'm putting all my upgrades and most of my racing budget aside so I can build him a car. I picked up an X1 roller for $100 and a DX2.0 for $65. I'm trying to sell my beloved 4tec to finance the rest but, that's not going very well. So, I'm down to the $200 I have set aside for racing this season and I'm hoping that the 4tec will sell to pay for race fees for the season for the two of us. Am I tugging at your heart strings yet?

So, I have a Kwik Pit set up now for another car and a back plate for the OS is only $10.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I was doing some reading on the kwik pit. It looks like it will only work on pull start .12-.21 engines. This leaves you with only one choice, the .21vg(p).

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2058.html
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Well, I'm down to about $200 for a motor, pipe, clutch, rx batt. and a servo. I'm trying to build a car for my little bro. so he can come race with me and have something to tinker with between races so that hopefully he won't feel the need to go out, get drunk and end up in the hoosegow again. He is there now (studying the tuning bible from this section that I sent him) and I'm trying to get this thing together for when he gets out in June. He's a good kid, he's just got some demons to work out. So I'm putting all my upgrades and most of my racing budget aside so I can build him a car. I picked up an X1 roller for $100 and a DX2.0 for $65. I'm trying to sell my beloved 4tec to finance the rest but, that's not going very well. So, I'm down to the $200 I have set aside for racing this season and I'm hoping that the 4tec will sell to pay for race fees for the season for the two of us. Am I tugging at your heart strings yet?

So, I have a Kwik Pit set up now for another car and a back plate for the OS is only $10.
You better look in the used section thats not possible to do new. You could go with a Nova bf2100 for around $150 and then a 053 pipe and header for another $50 but you cant skimp on the clutch or rx battery and well a servo is a servo. Check out the for sale threads.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote