R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neobart View Post
well lets see, the arms are brittle as glass and the diffs are soft as butter. Also the outer hinge-pins have a nasty habit of dropping out.

I would sooner recommend a smartech than a Hellfire.
LOL you so funny but thats your opinion. Never had the issues as you claim I knew how to fix them. Hellfire was a decent truggy with lots of new stuff that other manufactures are using now. Like inserts to adj hinge blocks, front end style suspension like losi,x-ray uses.

Theres other r/c vehicles that had major problems that was in top
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
LOL you so funny but thats your opinion. Never had the issues as you claim I knew how to fix them. Hellfire was a decent truggy with lots of new stuff that other manufactures are using now. Like inserts to adj hinge blocks, front end style suspension like losi,x-ray uses.

Theres other r/c vehicles that had major problems that was in top
hahahahahahahaha - the hellfire sucked, it was glass, they diffs were horrible and it was NOTHING like what truggies are now......... I sold it in less than a month of not being able to stay one the track. I went through more parts in the month than my Losi for 3 years
Old 04-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
well lets see, the arms are brittle as glass and the diffs are soft as butter. Also the outer hinge-pins have a nasty habit of dropping out.

I would sooner recommend a smartech than a Hellfire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
The hellfire was one of the lamest attempts at a truggy to ever plague the class. Tell your friend to STAY AWAY!! It's useless for racing and just about that bad for anything else. It is extremely fragile, weighs a ton and handles like a dump truck.

A big X2
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuming View Post
hahahahahahahaha - the hellfire sucked, it was glass, they diffs were horrible and it was NOTHING like what truggies are now......... I sold it in less than a month of not being able to stay one the track. I went through more parts in the month than my Losi for 3 years
Right how many servos did you burn up too
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I can only answer for myself, and the answer is none. I've had some kind of 8ight car since it first came out, five different cars and not one single servo has died on me. It's all about setting the linkages and end points.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I can only answer for myself, and the answer is none. I've had some kind of 8ight car since it first came out, five different cars and not one single servo has died on me. It's all about setting the linkages and end points.
Now I know you are lying .

Well you know all them have issues in one way or another. Even the current group of R/C vehicles do.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:43 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:

Well you know all them have issues in one way or another. Even the current group of R/C vehicles do.
I'll admit that every vehicle has it's issues even today, but nothing like the HPI backfire did.

BTW losi racer here and I've gone through 2 servos. One 3+ year old steering servo, and one 2+ year old throttle servo. That doesn't seem too bad to me. Every NEW servo I have ever installed directly into a losi car is still in there doing it's job.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:56 AM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:

You would love it if I did wouldn't you.

lol @ Backfire. I've seen it called the Heckfire once on Traxxas forums, but that was because a mod changed since you're not allowed to use profanity.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
You would love it if I did wouldn't you.

lol @ Backfire. I've seen it called the Heckfire once on Traxxas forums, but that was because a mod changed since you're not allowed to use profanity.
Hehehe. That's what we used to call it. It was a HUGE BACKFIRE!
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

I didn't have the issues as some have claimed when I raced it. Did better than the Lightning my brother had I gave him SS hellfire had by far less issues and able to finish a race without breaking

You and I both know there are tons of poeple who go online bash the product one matter who makes it plus adding more to it to make it sound better. I know there are many who can break a anvil in a sandbox then go online and bash it. There alot of poeple who bash something going off what they read online and that never own it. I know you and I both know who bash what you currently race,
Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #26
Tech Master

The things I'm talking about is from seeing. Three guys at my track have had a Hellfire, and they broke arm and diffs every time they were at the track. They are getting a lot more track time since switching to other cars. But yes all trucks have their weak spots, I can think of one that has a plethora of weak spots.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Alot of things break because the way the are drove.....Seeing don't exactly mean much I've seen guys with the best stuff destroy them so should I go around calling it junk. This is exactly what I mean you don't have one.
I didn't have any of the issues of breaking arms even after clipping the wall a few times only egged the hinge pin hole out some and bent the pin alittle. Which I would say normal for hit the wall that way
Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #28
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

In the Past I Maintained and serviced a Hellfart for almost a year or so and every one of the complaints guys are talking about here is Justified like it or not pdmustgt.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Quote:
JR 8711 in my original 8T - still work............. brought Hitec HVs

Never burnt out a servo in my Losi.......... If people listen, so buy cheap servo, stop buying underpowered servos, and set your freaking EPA correctly.....
Old 04-27-2010, 12:23 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
In the Past I Maintained and serviced a Hellfart for almost a year or so and every one of the complaints guys are talking about here is Justified like it or not pdmustgt.
whatever