R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Jammin X2 Buggy & Hyper 9 2.0 Buggy??

I am curious as to why there are not many post on the Jammin X2 buggy and the Hyper 9 2.0 Buggy? Have people had bad luck with these buggies, if so what are the problems people have run into and why they are not as popular as the other brands?
engr673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by engr673 View Post
I am curious as to why there are not many post on the Jammin X2 buggy and the Hyper 9 2.0 Buggy? Have people had bad luck with these buggies, if so what are the problems people have run into and why they are not as popular as the other brands?
I cant speak for the Jammin line, but the Hypers are not too popular, a great buggy for sure, which has had some painful growing pains that have scared many away. The Hyper 9 has had many updates and running changes and is now a real contender with the top buggies, but trackside support is lacking with most people running Losi or Mugen. I live in AZ and pretty much race the at all tracks state wide and only seen or heard of one or too here. I think there are more running around in Cali for sure.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyryder View Post
I cant speak for the Jammin line, but the Hypers are not too popular, a great buggy for sure, which has had some painful growing pains that have scared many away. The Hyper 9 has had many updates and running changes and is now a real contender with the top buggies, but trackside support is lacking with most people running Losi or Mugen. I live in AZ and pretty much race the at all tracks state wide and only seen or heard of one or too here. I think there are more running around in Cali for sure.
Hey thanks for the info!! I to live in Arizona (Phoneix) and have been into RC off and on for 30 years and getting back into it since there is a new track close to my house "Fear Farm RC". I have had Associated cars growing up and had a RC8 RS to cut my teeth on to see if I wanted to do it again or not. For me I want a true kit and not a roller and something other than and RC8. In my day Jammin Jay Halsley was the man so I took a liking to his car real quick but could not find a lot of info on it. The Hyper 9 2.0 looks like a nice car but I think it is a roller? I know the Mugen is a great car but I don't like the looks of the car. I have ordered(on back order) the new Serpent 811 as the build quality looks real sold on that car. If there is a hang up on the release of the car I may cancel my order so thats why I was asking. Again thanks for the info!
engr673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by engr673 View Post
Hey thanks for the info!! I to live in Arizona (Phoneix) and have been into RC off and on for 30 years and getting back into it since there is a new track close to my house "Fear Farm RC". I have had Associated cars growing up and had a RC8 RS to cut my teeth on to see if I wanted to do it again or not. For me I want a true kit and not a roller and something other than and RC8. In my day Jammin Jay Halsley was the man so I took a liking to his car real quick but could not find a lot of info on it. The Hyper 9 2.0 looks like a nice car but I think it is a roller? I know the Mugen is a great car but I don't like the looks of the car. I have ordered(on back order) the new Serpent 811 as the build quality looks real sold on that car. If there is a hang up on the release of the car I may cancel my order so thats why I was asking. Again thanks for the info!
No problem, see u at the tracks, you cant miss me, only guy with the Hyper 9