Wiki Posts
Search

Setting up failsafe on Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Unhappy Setting up failsafe on Spektrum

Ok fellas, how on earth do i set the failsafe on my spektrum radio??

I have an M11 with non-high response and a SR300 and JR 9100s throttle and a 9100T steering... thanks guys!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Failsafe is set when binding the radio to the receiver. After you initiate the bind process with the bind buttons as described in the spektrum manual, hold the radio's controls in the desired failsafe position. In other words holding the radio at full brake while in the bind process will set the failsafe to full brake. It is all explained step by step in the spektrum manual.

I personally recommend setting your failsafe to a neutral position.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

why not set the failsafe to full brakes? rather than neutral?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoosterXp
why not set the failsafe to full brakes? rather than neutral?
If you turn off your radio and forget to turn off your car, you'll burn up the servo. Also if you pinned down the straight and lose signal, you're car will just slide to a stop in the middle of the track, rather than roll to a stop.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
If you turn off your radio and forget to turn off your car, you'll burn up the servo. Also if you pinned down the straight and lose signal, you're car will just slide to a stop in the middle of the track, rather than roll to a stop.

Those are my two reasons. Also if you should happen to have an issue mid air you won't nose diving off of a big jump.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

ahh!!!! now i understand!! now just getting setting it up task! thanks guys!!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Those are some good reasons. I forgot to turn off my buggy last weekend and had my servo stressing out with the full breaks on for over 30 minutes. So far it looks okay but i think i'll be going with the neutral from now on.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Prophet

just hold your brake at halfway, while binding the speckum so it will stop and not go full brake cause, that will stress your servo out lol.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
just hold your brake at halfway, while binding the speckum so it will stop and not go full brake cause, that will stress your servo out lol.
Again just possible unnecessary stress on your servo. There is nothing to gain from setting a failsafe to any amount of brake.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Just a couple weeks ago I was setting the failsafe. I set it to full brake and didn't think much of it. As little while later I was testing servos and noticed that my throttle servo needed to be reversed because it was braking when I was giving it throttle. What I didn't know was that it also reversed the failsafe! So if it lost the connection it would just pin it! I even ran it like that once, luckily I cought it before anything bad happened...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Ei8ht!! thats a great point!! thanks!!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Prophet

when i go to half brake and bind the, spekum i make sure my throttle servo is in reverse but when, im at netual the brake isnt on. if i turn my radio off with my receiver, battery pluged in it will go to half brake.

jammincrazy i try to just set the, speckum up at netual but i have done that before and the fail safe doesnt work.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ei8ht
Just a couple weeks ago I was setting the failsafe. I set it to full brake and didn't think much of it. As little while later I was testing servos and noticed that my throttle servo needed to be reversed because it was braking when I was giving it throttle. What I didn't know was that it also reversed the failsafe! So if it lost the connection it would just pin it! I even ran it like that once, luckily I cought it before anything bad happened...
Very good point! I always make sure I go in and set everything up after I first bind it, and then re-bind it after all settings are close.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
when i go to half brake and bind the, spekum i make sure my throttle servo is in reverse but when, im at netual the brake isnt on. if i turn my radio off with my receiver, battery pluged in it will go to half brake.

jammincrazy i try to just set the, speckum up at netual but i have done that before and the fail safe doesnt work.
Failsafe doesn't work??? It should work the same way as it does with it set to brake. It will just go into neutral instead of brake. IE: you should be able to switch the radio off with your receiver powered on, and the controls will sit in neutral(still powered on).