R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

lol I guess this is one of those threads I should just stay out of
__________________
Mo Denton-www.mnkraceway.com
Team Losi
Proline,-Redrock Hobbies-,VP Powermaster fuel,Darkside Designs,Speedy Bills!
fast for an old guy
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastguy1 View Post
lol I guess this is one of those threads I should just stay out of
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #18
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastguy1 View Post
lol I guess this is one of those threads I should just stay out of
lol yup +2
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
Schmitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mid MO.
Posts: 1,208
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

i run a b5, love it, not 1 flame out in over a gallon. starts and idles like a dream. my race buddy has 2 of them, his b5 in his buggy is insane....i seen it walk ninjas and rossi's....i know ive found my new motor choice for a while to come. thanks werks!!!
__________________
MBX6R...NOVAROSSI....SAVOX SERVOS.....AKA RUBBER....AIRTRONICS M11X
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
trickedout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Las Vegas/Pahrump,NV
Posts: 1,273
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

well i have the werks b5 and my father has the odonnells ss21 and to be honest i would have gotten him the werks b5. im not saying the ss21 is a bad motor it has run good for him, has great power good run times but its been a little harder to tune.. and im not a fan of the mid range needle, just too easy to get things way out of wack for rookies, most people have a hard enough time tuning 2 needle carb let alone a 3 needle carb. BUT the number one difference i pick the werks b5 is COSTUMER SERVICE!!! yea im sure you could get ahold on some c/s agent at odonnells sitting in front of a trouble shoting book, but i can get ahold of ron himself almost anytime and can get things fix very simply and quickly!! imho that cant be beat!!!!
__________________
In the middle of some changes
*702 RC Raceway* *WindWater Raceway*
trickedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #21
Tech Adept
 
losint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 158
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

odonnel vs. werks? is it me or is people paying 600+ for the an odonnel buggy and you guys are saying a werks engine is better than an odonnel engine? wow rc really needs to get its priorities straight. just my opinion if a buggy cost 600+ dollars it better fly and play dvds. period.
losint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
Jon Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Selah WA
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losint View Post
odonnel vs. werks? is it me or is people paying 600+ for the an odonnel buggy and you guys are saying a werks engine is better than an odonnel engine? wow rc really needs to get its priorities straight. just my opinion if a buggy cost 600+ dollars it better fly and play dvds. period.
$600+? Please check this link....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWZC5&P=SM

As for the rest of your post; I couldn't make heads or tails of it.
Jon Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #23
Tech Adept
 
losint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 158
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions??

500 sorry. IF IT COSTS THAT MUCH, IT SHOULD GO ABOVE AND BEHOND AND HAVE EVERY BELL AND WHISTLE. IS THIS EASIER TO READ????
losint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
PsycoB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,508
Trader Rating: 41 (96%+)
Default

Now Why do they make a 3 speed Needle carb if you dont or are not suppose to touch it?

We can sit here and pic and choose what Engine is better. But truthfully It comes down to the driver. I can give you the fastest, and Smoothed Buggy to the Shittiest driver.... Now is that going to win him the race?? If I give the Pro driver a shit buggy thats AVG, or just as good?? I think not!
__________________
PsyCo_Chris
WWW.FinalTechniqueCustoModz.Com
Custom Metal Fabrications // LED Lighting // Jeep Specialist
PsycoB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #25
Tech Master
 
Jon Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Selah WA
Posts: 1,290
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losint View Post
500 sorry. IF IT COSTS THAT MUCH, IT SHOULD GO ABOVE AND BEHOND AND HAVE EVERY BELL AND WHISTLE. IS THIS EASIER TO READ????
How do you get 500 from 399? hehe. ...and yes, it does have every bell and whistle. Fantastic car.
Jon Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #26
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycoB4 View Post
Now Why do they make a 3 speed Needle carb if you dont or are not suppose to touch it?

We can sit here and pic and choose what Engine is better. But truthfully It comes down to the driver. I can give you the fastest, and Smoothed Buggy to the Shittiest driver.... Now is that going to win him the race?? If I give the Pro driver a shit buggy thats AVG, or just as good?? I think not!
If you fully understand what the Mid-range needle does it can be very useful. It is not a good idea to mess around with unless you know exactly what you are doing. In most cases the MRN should be left in the stock setting. It's really not hard to just leave it there and not mess with it. I personally like having it there even though I very rarely have to touch it. The downside is if you mess with it too much you can get yourself into a good deal of trouble easily. Which is why everyone(myself included) recommends leaving it alone.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
Tech Elite
 
PsycoB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,508
Trader Rating: 41 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
If you fully understand what the Mid-range needle does it can be very useful. It is not a good idea to mess around with unless you know exactly what you are doing. In most cases the MRN should be left in the stock setting. It's really not hard to just leave it there and not mess with it. I personally like having it there even though I very rarely have to touch it. The downside is if you mess with it too much you can get yourself into a good deal of trouble easily. Which is why everyone(myself included) recommends leaving it alone.
understood, but I know its a MID so OV it helps the engine out but what does it regulate, and how much do u move it?
__________________
PsyCo_Chris
WWW.FinalTechniqueCustoModz.Com
Custom Metal Fabrications // LED Lighting // Jeep Specialist
PsycoB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #28
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycoB4 View Post
understood, but I know its a MID so OV it helps the engine out but what does it regulate, and how much do u move it?
It does exactly what it's name says. It sets the tune at the middle of the throttle band. Just like the low speed needle sets the bottom of the throttle band and the high speed needle sets the upper end of the throttle band. What most people don't understand is that the MRN and LSN work as a pair. When you make an adjustment to the MRN you have to make the opposite adjustment to the LSN. Adjustments to the MRN are very small. A couple hours either direction from the stock position is often more than enough of a range. Adjusting the MRN correctly will create crisper response in the midrange. In reality you won't see a huge difference in the way the engine runs, but it can dial in the tune even more precisely. I personally don't mess with it much because I don't see enough difference to justify it. That is the same reason that many brands have removed the MRN all together. That and the fact that people were messing with it too much and getting their engines all out of whack.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #29
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Isn't this a Taiwan(OD) Vs. Italy(Werks) situation?
__________________
Team HRC Raceway - http://www.hrcraceway.ca/
Semple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
PsycoB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,508
Trader Rating: 41 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
It does exactly what it's name says. It sets the tune at the middle of the throttle band. Just like the low speed needle sets the bottom of the throttle band and the high speed needle sets the upper end of the throttle band. What most people don't understand is that the MRN and LSN work as a pair. When you make an adjustment to the MRN you have to make the opposite adjustment to the LSN. Adjustments to the MRN are very small. A couple hours either direction from the stock position is often more than enough of a range. Adjusting the MRN correctly will create crisper response in the midrange. In reality you won't see a huge difference in the way the engine runs, but it can dial in the tune even more precisely. I personally don't mess with it much because I don't see enough difference to justify it. That is the same reason that many brands have removed the MRN all together. That and the fact that people were messing with it too much and getting their engines all out of whack.

Thank you, I had the Ofna 3.5 and it had a 3 speed. I touched the MRN and yeah took me a few months to get it back. I just would like to know more about it, since its there, why not use it ryte!
__________________
PsyCo_Chris
WWW.FinalTechniqueCustoModz.Com
Custom Metal Fabrications // LED Lighting // Jeep Specialist
PsycoB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off roader thread Danny Teh Malaysian R/C Racers 6647 04-07-2015 02:57 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net