Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Rc8t steering block screws >

Rc8t steering block screws

Rc8t steering block screws

Old 04-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Rc8t steering block screws

Hey all. I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I keep losing the screws on the bottom of the steering blocks. I have tried loc tite. If I torque them down then I can't turn. Any thoughts on a way to keep these in?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You may have the inserts in wrong. The short insert and short bolt go on the top and the long ones go in the bottom. If you have the short ones in the bottom then that makes sense if you tighten it down it will not move.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Oh I can chime in here...

I was having the same issues, was losing about 1 a week on either the T or the B. Here is what I do and have not had an issue since. First, as stated earlier make sure they are installed correctly. So here is what I do:

1. Apply blue loctite to screws liberally on the last 1/4 or so of the screw, get a blob kinda

2. Using pliers to hold the bolt, use a lighter, light the loctite and let it burn down a bit (20-45 secs), will turn black, set the screw aside (caution it will be hot) and let the loctite harden a bit.

3. Insert screw and forget about it

Yes you can still remove the screw after doing it this way, I have not lost one yet since doing so.