R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Yellow Corrugated Tubing

Does anyone know where the tracks that have the yellow tubing are getting theirs from? We are looking to do the same here and I cannot find a source for any.
Smith90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
MadRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SE USA
Posts: 2,378
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Do a search, someone else asked that and I posted like 5 different places to get it
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

care to give me a hint on the key words. Ive tried yellow and corrugated and tubing with no luck
Smith90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
neobart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,413
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Do a search for corrugated drainpipe. Make sure it's UV resistant, or it will get very brittle very fast in the sun.
__________________
Clockwork Racing Engines
neobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
MadRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SE USA
Posts: 2,378
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith90 View Post
care to give me a hint on the key words. Ive tried yellow and corrugated and tubing with no luck
What is the white pipe bordering the nitro pit?
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sterling, Illinois
Posts: 816
Default

http://www.baughmantile.com/polycap1.htm
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
RUNNINONMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: YOUR MOMS HOUSE
Posts: 345
Default

coragated or acordian like conduit
RUNNINONMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
sleek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 254
Default

You may also check your local lumber yard, I've seen it there before and I personally have bought it at places like farm and fleet or tractor supply type places if you have those around your area...hopes this helps
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sterling, Illinois
Posts: 816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek View Post
You may also check your local lumber yard, I've seen it there before and I personally have bought it at places like farm and fleet or tractor supply type places if you have those around your area...hopes this helps
Sleek, have you seen the yellow stuff at Farm n Fleet or Tractor supply. I've only seen the black stuff at the stores by me.
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
Tech Addict
 
DiaRh34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milan, Tennessee
Posts: 564
Send a message via AIM to DiaRh34
Default

Our track is at a public park and they had it around the fences for the baseball fields but they started getting wasp nests in them so they gave us a bunch for the track
__________________
Taco
Bullet Town raceway Milan, Tn
TLR 8b - Tekin - SMC
DiaRh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
8ight-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,087
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Just curious, what are the advantages over the yellow pipe over the white pipe and 3" corrugated pipe? Right now our track has the 3" black flex pipe and over 6 weekends it has gotten torn apart in some areas. We have the white pipe and that should be much better as well as more visible, so why would you want the yellow pipe over the white pipe?
__________________
Palm Desert R/C Raceway - www.palmdesertrcraceway.com

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
Super Moderator
 
Brandon Rohde's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay, WI / Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 839
Default

Baughman Tile Co. is who makes the yellow corrugated tubing. The stuff you want for an r/c track is the 4" non-perforated:

http://www.baughmantile.com/nonperforated.htm

Their price is $0.35/foot if you go there and get it direct. It doesn't matter if you get a 100 foot or 250 foot roll, or if you get 1 roll or 20 rolls. Its a straight up $0.35/foot, so its easy to figure out how much it costs.

If you don't want to drive there and live in the midwest, Carter Lumber is one of their distributors. http://www.carterlumber.com They have stores around the northern midwest. Generally it is marked up 40-50% at hardware stores though, so going direct is your best bet. I was able to fit 9 rolls of 250' tubing in a 16x7 foot trailer and the bed of my truck.

If you don't live around there, ask your hardware store if they can get product from Baughman Tile. Otherwise, it is often marked under the "Poly-Drain" line of products in their catalogs. Its the same stuff from the same place.
__________________
Brandon Rohde
LiveRC.com
Brandon Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 893
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thank you for the great information.
I am doing a track at Michigan International Speedway in May and this is just what I needed to help make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde View Post
Baughman Tile Co. is who makes the yellow corrugated tubing. The stuff you want for an r/c track is the 4" non-perforated:

http://www.baughmantile.com/nonperforated.htm

Their price is $0.35/foot if you go there and get it direct. It doesn't matter if you get a 100 foot or 250 foot roll, or if you get 1 roll or 20 rolls. Its a straight up $0.35/foot, so its easy to figure out how much it costs.

If you don't want to drive there and live in the midwest, Carter Lumber is one of their distributors. http://www.carterlumber.com They have stores around the northern midwest. Generally it is marked up 40-50% at hardware stores though, so going direct is your best bet. I was able to fit 9 rolls of 250' tubing in a 16x7 foot trailer and the bed of my truck.

If you don't live around there, ask your hardware store if they can get product from Baughman Tile. Otherwise, it is often marked under the "Poly-Drain" line of products in their catalogs. Its the same stuff from the same place.
__________________
Dan's Machining & Welding
Washtenaw RC Raceway Michigans Biggest and Best Indoor Dirt Racing.
Tekin
DJ1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: southeastern ohio
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

We use the yellow on our track, and it was way more expensive then the black or white. It also seems to feel thinner then the others. It does look cool, but we are planning to start switching to the white this summer, as we replace the yellow that's worn out.
bevofrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
neobart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,413
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

My track switched to 80mm and 100mm mooring rope. Very easy on the cars, and doesn't mind cold, heat or the sun. And it lasts forever. It's been down two years now, and still looks great.
__________________
Clockwork Racing Engines
neobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net