R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Any luck with after market clutches?

Just wanted to get some input on aftermarket clutch setups. Is there a need to switch from stock? Fioroni, M2C, Ascendancy etc????? Are they worth it and are they reliable?
3DRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
Tech Regular
 
sandy111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 319
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have been running m2c going on my second year now. They are just great, and you can't beat the wear. I get over 2 gallons on a set of shoes.
__________________
AGAMA,Hobby-Pro USA,M2C Racing, VP Fuel, Jconcepts
sandy111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mass.
Posts: 3,470
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

I had an RMV that was a super nice setup. It was a 2 piece design for "quick" changes.

The ascendancy looks like a really nice setup and the price is reasonable. That'll be the one I try next.
K.Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,982
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER View Post
Just wanted to get some input on aftermarket clutch setups. Is there a need to switch from stock? Fioroni, M2C, Ascendancy etc????? Are they worth it and are they reliable?
Maybe you can ask guys like Chad Bradley, Travis Amezcua, Jermey Kortz and Kevin Tuazon what they think of the Ascendancy Clutch.

The only guy on this list we have supplyed with product is Travis Amezcua and he loves it.

Good luck with your search as theyare all great products!!!

Also we are getting about 3.5 Gallons per set.
__________________
Getting back to racing!!!

See you at the track.
janderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy111 View Post
I have been running m2c going on my second year now. They are just great, and you can't beat the wear. I get over 2 gallons on a set of shoes.
Is that the 4 shoe or 3 shoe? I was looking at these and am happy with their other products. The Ascendancy looks sweet to.
3DRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,982
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER View Post
Is that the 4 shoe or 3 shoe? I was looking at these and am happy with their other products.
The M2C is a 4 shoe. Mitch makes a nice product for sure!
__________________
Getting back to racing!!!

See you at the track.
janderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #7
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
Maybe you can ask guys like Chad Bradley, Travis Amezcua, Jermey Kortz and Kevin Tuazon what they think of the Ascendancy Clutch.

The only guy on this list we have supplyed with product is Travis Amezcua and he loves it.

Good luck with your search as theyare all great products!!!

Also we are getting about 3.5 Gallons per set.
WHO?
__________________
I'm not sponsored so it does not matter what I put here.
Shuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,982
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuming View Post
WHO?
Who? I think you are kidding right?
__________________
Getting back to racing!!!

See you at the track.
janderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,022
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

M2C FTW! I've been running the 4 shoe set up for two, starting 3rd season now. Rock solid. I run Reg Soft shoes, and usually 2 .9 and 2 .95 springs for buggy. Currently running 4 .95 on my Alpha powered D8T. Mitch does also offer a 3 shoe system.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #10
Tech Addict
 
sugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

M2C for sure. I run the variable weight one and love it. Great clutch.
__________________
- Associated B4.1 Worlds -
- Associated SC10 FT -
- Associated SC10 4x4 -
- Mugen MBX6 Alpha F850 -
- Nomadio Sensor - Hitec servos - Panther tires - DE Racing -
sugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #11
Tech Adept
 
GSMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Under Mount Etna
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I run M2C on my buggy and truggy. Besides being great clutches Mitch is an outstanding guy to deal with.
__________________
DIALED-RC HOBBIES
CLOCKWORK RACING ENGINES
GSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
Maybe you can ask guys like Chad Bradley, Travis Amezcua, Jermey Kortz and Kevin Tuazon what they think of the Ascendancy Clutch.

The only guy on this list we have supplyed with product is Travis Amezcua and he loves it.

Good luck with your search as theyare all great products!!!

Also we are getting about 3.5 Gallons per set.

I'm going to chime in here because I sponsor 2 of these drivers that you mentioned. Bradley is currently running Jammin shoes & springs as his clutch set up and Kortz has been testing different manufacturers clutch set ups for me as we are in the process of final development of a new aftermarket clutch system that we will be releasing soon. So anything that he has been running has been to help me with development and actually was supplied by me. Just wanted to clarify things.

Regards,

Ron
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
KThatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1000 Oaks, Ca.
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
Maybe you can ask guys like Chad Bradley, Travis Amezcua, Jermey Kortz and Kevin Tuazon what they think of the Ascendancy Clutch.

The only guy on this list we have supplyed with product is Travis Amezcua and he loves it.

Good luck with your search as theyare all great products!!!

Also we are getting about 3.5 Gallons per set.
Tuazon!!!! LOL.
__________________
- Picco - Triton RC - 818 Designs - Team-CRP - RCRenew.com -
Pro Motion T-shirts -
KThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
Tech Champion
 
Maximo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,900
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

We run M2C 4 shoe....fantastic setup.... very tuneable, long lasting and well built...Also the only clutch system I have found that can stand up to my modified 28's.... every other clutch we have tried does not have the clamping power needed and ends up turning into slag !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,982
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
I'm going to chime in here because I sponsor 2 of these drivers that you mentioned. Bradley is currently running Jammin shoes & springs as his clutch set up and Kortz has been testing different manufacturers clutch set ups for me as we are in the process of final development of a new aftermarket clutch system that we will be releasing soon. So anything that he has been running has been to help me with development and actually was supplied by me. Just wanted to clarify things.

Regards,

Ron

Ron I think you chimed in a little early, I know you gave him the clutch that is why I said the only person that we sent the clutch too was Travis. I also know you are working on a new clutch and I assure you it will be of the best quality or you would not want your name on it. Now I will not comment on Chads clutch as I know jammin just came out with a new clutch and we will leave that at that.

Oh and are you saying that you and Kortz did not like the clutch. Because the info that was shared with me was I think "LOVED IT"
__________________
Getting back to racing!!!

See you at the track.
janderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net