R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Help with Mamba Monster

Hello, i just recently purchased a mamba monster motor and esc combo and I think i may have messed something up. After soldering on the dean connectors to run two packs at once, i realized after connecting the batteries to the connectors and seeing a spark that I put the connectors on wrong...negative going to positive. After re-wiring the deans the right way, everything seems to be fine after plugging in the batteries. I programmed the controller to my remote and went outside to test the new system out. After driving the car for a couple minutes, I noticed the car started stuttering. I picked the car up and gave it gas to see if it was still doing it and it was......tires spinning sparatically and front wheels turing crazy as well. After a while of doing this....the esc will start beeping and all the lights will start flashing as well. Do you think ive messed up the esc? My soldering isn't the best either so i dunno if that has something to do with it.
pooter2586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooter2586 View Post
Hello, i just recently purchased a mamba monster motor and esc combo and I think i may have messed something up. After soldering on the dean connectors to run two packs at once, i realized after connecting the batteries to the connectors and seeing a spark that I put the connectors on wrong...negative going to positive. After re-wiring the deans the right way, everything seems to be fine after plugging in the batteries. I programmed the controller to my remote and went outside to test the new system out. After driving the car for a couple minutes, I noticed the car started stuttering. I picked the car up and gave it gas to see if it was still doing it and it was......tires spinning sparatically and front wheels turing crazy as well. After a while of doing this....the esc will start beeping and all the lights will start flashing as well. Do you think ive messed up the esc? My soldering isn't the best either so i dunno if that has something to do with it.
I don't know and I'm just trying to help out but you might get more help from the electric off-road forum. I almost posted wrong forum the other day lol.
skerry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

upss....is there anyway to delete this?
pooter2586 is offline   Reply With Quote