Wiki Posts
Search

RC8T shock question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default RC8T shock question

my buddy is running an RC8T and keeps blowing the shock cap off the shocks. his are the plastic non-threaded version. has anyone else had this as an issue?

if so, is the fix just to go with the factory team shocks and or the aluminum versions.

any help is appreciated. thanks
Old 04-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8IGHTROCKETX3
my buddy is running an RC8T and keeps blowing the shock cap off the shocks. his are the plastic non-threaded version. has anyone else had this as an issue?

if so, is the fix just to go with the factory team shocks and or the aluminum versions.

The RTR caps are plastic, its to keep the cost of the kit down. The race versions are aluminum.

Also look in here for RC8T questions and answers
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...info-tips.html
Old 04-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8IGHTROCKETX3

Most likely he's overfilling the shocks. If you add too much oil, the shock only will compress to a certain point. Once it gets to that point and more pressure is applied to the shocks the caps will give up.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

I never blew the tops of the shocks that came with my RC8T RS; however, I have seen several friends blow the tops of the ones that come with the SC8. I think as they heat up, and the limited threading area on them, they tend to let go on hard hits. Try running, no or very limited rebound, this might help. The instruction manuals tell you how to set the rebound. Also be sure when assembling, that you wait to get ALL the air out before sealing the caps.

If you intend to race, then it really is worth the money to upgrade these to the FT ones.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

common problem just go the aluminium factory teams shocks and try not to overfill and try and adjust droop aswell to prevent over extending the shock
cheers