Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
DUST MASK/ RESPORATOR WHEN MARSHALLING. ANYONE? >

DUST MASK/ RESPORATOR WHEN MARSHALLING. ANYONE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUST MASK/ RESPORATOR WHEN MARSHALLING. ANYONE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTSC10
You are all a bunch of sissy's, SERIOUSLY!
Saw this coming early on. If your going to the PNB might as well bring ear plugs too.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by The Working Man
Saw this coming early on. If your going to the PNB might as well bring ear plugs too.
Hell, and some gloves so they dont fray their delicate sissy hands, maybe some steeltoes so they dont break a toenail...

My god, why is society turning into a bunch of pussys?!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do it raw or play safe it is all up to individuals...
Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ganymede
Do it raw or play safe it is all up to individuals...
I caught the inuendo you hint at...

but its hardly the same thing...
Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

I caught the inuendo you hint at...

but its hardly the same thing...

Do it raw you risk catching lung infections or even pneumonia from the dust and exhaust fume, not to mention the cuts, bruises and burns from handling the vehicles...

Play it safe you might lose some style as one cool dude?

The choice is yours...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Call me a sissy or whatever you want. As a person with asthma, it can be hazardous to be around these fumes, dust, etc. I have learned a little trick... Simply get a wet bandanna and wear it over the lower part of my face- from the nose down. When it dries out, remove, rinse, squeeze, and put back on.

'nuff said.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Suspended

Do it raw you risk catching lung infections or even pneumonia from the dust and exhaust fume, not to mention the cuts, bruises and burns from handling the vehicles...

Play it safe you might lose some style as one cool dude?

The choice is yours...

ive been in this hobby for 20 years, never had a lung infection, never had pneumonia, in fact, never anything wrong with me.

If you're worried about some minor cuts/bruises/burns, maybe you need to consider another hobby? perhaps knitting sweaters and blankets? but then again, you seem like the "windowlickin and ear biting" type, so you may stab yourself with a hypodermic needle and get the HIV!

Originally Posted by Ruune
Call me a sissy or whatever you want. As a person with asthma, it can be hazardous to be around these fumes, dust, etc. I have learned a little trick... Simply get a wet bandanna and wear it over the lower part of my face- from the nose down. When it dries out, remove, rinse, squeeze, and put back on.

'nuff said.
Sissy.

You may want to take up a new hobby like the above fellow, Do you honestly think a wet bandana is going to filter the fumes/dust/air particles? no, congradulations, now your breathing in the same objects, with a cold wet bandana on your face looking like a Retard train robber
Old 02-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Prophet

well, i dont think its a must if the track is dusty and dry i mean i raced at a "outdoor track' during the summer and it was like that dued to no rain at all but the dust dint bother me and the other racers dint seem to care they just wanted to race.

the, only guys i saw wearing a mask is 2 speckters but if the dust brothers you its up to you if you want to wear one but man there uncomforble.

dirt dust wont kill you .

oh yea im healthy as can be from dust from dirt and some nitro fumes .

when your racing anyways do you actaully think gee i think i should wear a mask lol.
i know i dont.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

ive been in this hobby for 20 years, never had a lung infection, never had pneumonia, in fact, never anything wrong with me.

If you're worried about some minor cuts/bruises/burns, maybe you need to consider another hobby? perhaps knitting sweaters and blankets? but then again, you seem like the "windowlickin and ear biting" type, so you may stab yourself with a hypodermic needle and get the HIV!
Keywords of the day!!! Never had does not mean never will.

It is like saying, you never met an accident so there is no need to wear a seat belt...

For some of us, we enjoy our little hobby and we have a family to take care as well, taking care of our health is taking care of the family.

Btw, if you pick up knitting, you still can cut yourself...

Protected or unprotected, it is entirely up to individuals but I won't call someone sissy just because they chose to wear some form of protections.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Suspended

Keywords of the day!!! Never had does not mean never will.

It is like saying, you never met an accident so there is no need to wear a seat belt...

For some of us, we enjoy our little hobby and we have a family to take care as well, taking care of our health is taking care of the family.

Btw, if you pick up knitting, you still can cut yourself...

Protected or unprotected, it is entirely up to individuals but I won't call someone sissy just because they chose to wear some form of protections.
Perhaps you missed the part, where i said ive been in this hobby for 20 years? id think, if it were going to happen, it would have already, ask ANY seasoned R/C guy about using a dustmask/respirator, and you will be laughed at.

now, normally i dont care what people think of me or if they judge me, but wearing a mask isnt going to help you. the shit you breathe in everyday is FAR worse, the shit you eat is FAR worse, and the shit you drink is FAR worse.

Ps, i made a cutting your self comment, re read
Old 02-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Perhaps you missed the part, where i said ive been in this hobby for 20 years? id think, if it were going to happen, it would have already, ask ANY seasoned R/C guy about using a dustmask/respirator, and you will be laughed at.

now, normally i dont care what people think of me or if they judge me, but wearing a mask isnt going to help you. the shit you breathe in everyday is FAR worse, the shit you eat is FAR worse, and the shit you drink is FAR worse.

Ps, i made a cutting your self comment, re read
Well if you put it that way, I will still wear finger protections if I pick up knitting...

As I said, it is entirely a personal preference. I won't call someone a sissy for wearing one and at the same time I won't call you a retard for not wearing one.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I

Sissy.

You may want to take up a new hobby like the above fellow, Do you honestly think a wet bandana is going to filter the fumes/dust/air particles? no, congradulations, now your breathing in the same objects, with a cold wet bandana on your face looking like a Retard train robber
Yeah it actually does. Humidifying air before you breathe it cuts down on inhaled dust. I learned this riding motocross, but I guess you wouldn't know that. have fun with your little sc10 and come back when you get a big boy car and/or have something to contribute. Ass.

Make sure you turn on spell checker too, idiot.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I am a Farm Boy and have seen more Dust in One Day then most of you guys will see in your Life time of racing Rc and it has never hurt me. Try running a tractor in the summer Bush Hogging now thats DUST.

Now all the fuel fumes could mess you up but thats just part of having fun.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lets all stand shoulder to shoulder and have a p*ssing contest. who cares? I was actually trying to post some helpful information here. but I digress... Im done with this thread.

moderator... lock please?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IMO a pit mask is smart. I would be the last to be seen wearing one at the track though. Being a indoors welder then going to dust a nitro every friday night i breathe gnarly stuff for long time periods. Honsetly i can feel the diffrence when not around welding and dirt to just fresh air and its great. But smog kinda kills the fresh air aswell, I dont see it causing to many issues at the track as it for me is outdoors once a day, me personally im more worried about the daily work im doing....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.