R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Neobuggy's secretly saying something!?!

Well i was reading neobuggy's Number crunching news and saw something that caught my eye in the cars catagory that shows the percentage of who was driving what brand of car, ofcourse ther were alot of different cars on the pie graph but one that was very small and could b missed easily. TEAM ORION at .5 percent of the cars there. I'm not gonna say it's not a typo n could of been a mistake but then I went back and read the words written to see if there was anything on that info and what it clearly states in there words

"You might find something interesting hidden amongst the usefulless information."

now I'm really confused on those words because there clearly trying to say there's something on one of those graphs that isn't being shouted out at the world but there trying to say something in a quiet way and I'm gonna have to say it's might be that team Orion in the car manufacturers pie. Only thing is Orion n kyosho r basically together, however associated and thundertiger are 1 company with there own cars so I don't no if Orion is doing the same to establish thereself in the competitive feild of racing. I'm gonna go ahead n think outside the box an maybe sound kinda wak but maybe this is the reason kyosho hasn't updated there truggy, maybe the guy runnin the show over there wants Orion to bring a new truck in under there name and since it's 2 companies ran by the same managment there doing this to market the truck better as an Orion truggy and not just an updated strr. This is just me thinking of what could be going on with neobuggiea quote. If anyone else has an idea of what neobuggy meant please share.

Link

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=8015
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Your a sharp dude !
Old 04-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I noticed it as well, just didn't think much of it. They still have the Durango/Losi car in the chart as well, even though he was driving a Losi.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I was at the NEO buggy and I do not think it was a typo and I do not think they were trying to say somthing in regards to an Orion car. If I am not mistaken all of his numbers cam from the program that we used to sign up. So I could have put anything (reasonable) For a car and he would have showed it.

See you at the track.
janderson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
I was at the NEO buggy and I do not think it was a typo and I do not think they were trying to say somthing in regards to an Orion car. If I am not mistaken all of his numbers cam from the program that we used to sign up. So I could have put anything (reasonable) For a car and he would have showed it.
That's could very well be true, maybe someone put Orion for there car to support that company even more however I studied those graph and noticed nothing really new. The only thing iv read on those graphs that r weird r 2 engines dhp tuning, and oracan other then that nothing seems out-of-the-ordinary and I can't find anything else that could b hidden in those graphs.
Matt Piva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Orion and kyosho are no longer together over here. Horizon handles Orion USA now I believe. That's why you see kyosho Guys running Peak electric stuff and why you see Orion motors in losi cars.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
That's could very well be true, maybe someone put Orion for there car to support that company even more however I studied those graph and noticed nothing really new. The only thing iv read on those graphs that r weird r 2 engines dhp tuning, and oracan other then that nothing seems out-of-the-ordinary and I can't find anything else that could b hidden in those graphs.

DHP tuning is a tuning company in the UK that ports engines ect..
and ORACAN is an engine is real!, see the company at orcan.de
pete watt who was running the engine's is a team driver

Jake
Jake C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Hi Matt sorry to disappoint the comment about "You might find something interesting hidden amongst the usefulless information." was more of a jokey reference to the fact that we don't usually analyse in such detail and the fact that it went online on Friday night

Just as Jason confirmed, the data comes straight from the entry data inputted by all drivers, then cleaned up a bit, for example

AE, Associated, Team AE etc. are condensed to Team Associated, however in the case of a driver writing 'Orion' we must accept that data as valid.

Having said that, the driver was Raul Daras of Spain who used the Agama car, he runs Orion in his car and has close ties to the company via distribution.
Would make for a nice gossip story though
Must say I am impressed by your eye for details!
/phil
Philipm is offline   Reply With Quote