R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hear what you guy's are saying. It's true to an extent but why cater to only bashers. There's money to be made in all aspecs of rc. The best hobby shops sell both RTR's and kits. Lets keep it 100% most don't bother with kits due to a lack of knowledge. Not because they are less profitable. We only have hobby town and for me they are useless for racers so we have no choice but to order online.

Traxxas could make a truggy or buggy let Slayden drive it. All he would have to do is place in the top ten. Traxxas has a lot of loyalists. A top ten finish the would fly off the shelves. Dude dd it for Hot bodies.

Last edited by ALLSPEED; 04-17-2010 at 10:14 AM.
ALLSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #47
Tech Addict

I messaged Steve on the Traxxas forum, and this is what he said;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaydaddy
Not moving from or switching anything. I enjoy ALL RC classes. I love driving everything. MT class is no more in the RC Pro series. There is no class for a Traxxas product. I wanted to drive so I borrowed a truck. Plus it showed I can wheel with those guys which brings more cred to Traxxas stuff and what we are doing. I had 2nd until the first pit, but made a couple mistakes.

I love my Revo, but the events aren't including the class much anymore. We're lucky we have the Slash 4x4 or we wouldn't get to race Traxxas stuff competitively these days. Think about it. Everyone who is interested in Traxxas making a vehicle for current racing classes should call them and email them and request it as much as they can.

I doubt I'll be at the Alabama event, but maybe the Wiregrass.

good luck!
-Bo

Johnson Racing Team #94
Blue Groove R/C Apparel
Rccna Racing Team
Team Losi
NuthinFancy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem

I actually agree with ALLSPEED that hobby shops make alot more from racers than backyard bashers. Not just because of kits, engines, servo's, but think about the amount of tires and rims we buy. Most backyard bashers use the stock tires for 58 and 1/4 gallons and then they're buy a new set.

Racers buy way more supporting parts than bashers. Glow Plugs, fuel, tires, ignitors, bodies, etc.

I would say part sales would be about even on a normal day, but on race day, watch out, the racers spend a ton. I spent like 500 bucks at the PNB, and I was taking it easy, lol.

I do agree that the profit from RTR's outweight the kits though, thats why just about every hobby shop carries traxxas stuff. Not to mention the bashers outnumber the racers. Plus, as much as I hate to say it, its your average basher that goes to hobby shops. Alot of racers buy online.
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomgagem View Post
I actually agree with ALLSPEED that hobby shops make alot more from racers than backyard bashers. Not just because of kits, engines, servo's, but think about the amount of tires and rims we buy. Most backyard bashers use the stock tires for 58 and 1/4 gallons and then they're buy a new set.

Racers buy way more supporting parts than bashers. Glow Plugs, fuel, tires, ignitors, bodies, etc.

I would say part sales would be about even on a normal day, but on race day, watch out, the racers spend a ton. I spent like 500 bucks at the PNB, and I was taking it easy, lol.

I do agree that the profit from RTR's outweight the kits though, thats why just about every hobby shop carries traxxas stuff. Not to mention the bashers outnumber the racers. Plus, as much as I hate to say it, its your average basher that goes to hobby shops. Alot of racers buy online.
No one is saying racers spend less money. And I am sure if you compare one basher to one racer then yes of coarse a racer spends more. Most racers live and breath this hobby. But there are many many more bashers. I am not saying a shop should not have any race products. Racers are usually are stores best customers and most stores and going to do what they have to do for them to continue shopping there. But when you sell Slashs over 15:1 on say a 8ight's. Eventually the bashers are going to over take the amount racers spend. I would love racers have the majority cut of this hobby as 95% of what I do is race, but I have never seen or heard it happen.
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to boomgagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanty140 View Post
No one is saying racers spend less money. And I am sure if you compare one basher to one racer then yes of coarse a racer spends more. Most racers live and breath this hobby. But there are many many more bashers. I am not saying a shop should not have any race products. Racers are usually are stores best customers and most stores and going to do what they have to do for them to continue shopping there. But when you sell Slashs over 15:1 on say a 8ight's. Eventually the bashers are going to over take the amount racers spend. I would love racers have the majority cut of this hobby as 95% of what I do is race, but I have never seen or heard it happen.
Maybe the hobby shops around you are different. I don't buy a thing from hobby shops any more, because they don't carry what I want, and normally they don't know anything.

I went into a hobby shop in Stockbridge GA one time and had my 2 year old son with me. He was touching the paint they had, and the owner acted like he was throwing t-maxxes around or something, it pissed me off.

Not to mention the bathroom they have in there the toilet is damn near falling through the floor.
boomgagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Maybe the hobby shops around you are different. I don't buy a thing from hobby shops any more, because they don't carry what I want, and normally they don't know anything.

I went into a hobby shop in Stockbridge GA one time and had my 2 year old son with me. He was touching the paint they had, and the owner acted like he was throwing t-maxxes around or something, it pissed me off.

Not to mention the bathroom they have in there the toilet is damn near falling through the floor.
LMAO, I understand then.
shanty140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #52
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

and thats one of the main reasons why racers shop online. i have both tyes in my area.....a b.s. hobbytown & a mom/pop spot that carries everything-if they dont have it theyll order it. hobby town is clueless and then they wan charge an arm & a leg for simple labor and cant or wont order any hi end parts/vehicles
Jusleanit is offline   Reply With Quote