Wiki Posts
Search

vspec question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default vspec question

whats up, ive got a vspec in my buggy and the fuel line tip is facin the wrong way, i took one of the little washers out(the botom one) and screwed it in by hand and it looks like when i tighten it down it will be facing just right,does anyone know if i tighten it down will it mess anything up in the carb? its not bottoming out in the carb, its still tightens on the tip. thanks for lookin!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You need to put the washer back in.. It will leak if you don't.. The fitting (called a Banjo fitting) will rotate. You just need to loosen the housing around the High Speed needle, and then rotate the banjo in the direction you want it, then retighten.. See the flat spots on the brass piece? That is what you loosen, then you can rotate the fuel nipple anywhere you want it.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by vida
whats up, ive got a vspec in my buggy and the fuel line tip is facin the wrong way, i took one of the little washers out(the botom one) and screwed it in by hand and it looks like when i tighten it down it will be facing just right,does anyone know if i tighten it down will it mess anything up in the carb? its not bottoming out in the carb, its still tightens on the tip. thanks for lookin!
The "washer" is a gasket. You need to reinstall that. The banjo fitting (the piece with the nipple that the fuel line attaches to) will swivel, all you have to do is loosen the main housing (the one you removed) and turn it where you want it. Hold the nipple in place while gently snugging it back down as it is brass and will break if over tightened.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
You need to put the washer back in.. It will leak if you don't.. The fitting (called a Banjo fitting) will rotate. You just need to loosen the housing around the High Speed needle, and then rotate the banjo in the direction you want it, then retighten..
Beat me to the "submit" button

Last edited by Racecrafter; 04-09-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
eat me to the "submit" button
Yeah I was quick on the draw with this one..
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

is that a coated crank i see on the limited edition???

that is one fine looking cooling head.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

and DO NOT over stress the soft nickel gasket it will flatten out and start leaking.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
is that a coated crank i see on the limited edition???

that is one fine looking cooling head.
I'm pretty sure the Limited are standard v-specs. The only differences are the head and the number etched into the side of the mounting boss.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks guys, i accually called a friend and he said the same thing, didnt even think about that lol but yes that is a limited ed. the motor i was talkin about is the exact same thing, model # 006! love this motor, cools so much better than my reg vspec