Wiki Posts
Search

Nitrotane Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Nitrotane Discontinued?

I drove around today, hitting hobby stores across 3 county's, looking for 30% Nitrotane.

I started at the hobby store that supports my track(45 min. away). They had 20%, but were sold out of the 30%. OK, no problem. I stopped by the track, which the hobby store has a trailer on site. Sold out there also. B.S. with the guys a little, watch a little racing, and head out to continue my search.

To make a long story short, I decide to go to Hobby Town, which is 5 min. from my house. I know they carry Losi products, and I figure at the very least I will see how much they are asking, and how soon they can get it. I get "we don't carry it", to which I respond "how is that possible, if you are a Losi dealer?". The response is "good luck finding it, it is being discontinued". I am almost out the door, and hear "you can run other fuels". I guess they meant Traxxas, Omega, or Wildcat.

So my question is;

Is Nitrotane being discontinued? Has anyone heard anything along these lines? Any inside scoop?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

I just got a case 2 days ago direct from Horizon. I have not heard anything of the sort about the fuel is dis-continued. It is by far the most popular fuel being used(and the best). Don't see it being dis-continued.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

News to me, but I don't run the stuff. Byrons gen 2 is by far the best fuel I've ever run. I hate to reinterate what you already heard, but maybe you should think about a different brand?
Old 04-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

I dont mind ordering it and waiting for it. I was just caught off guard. I dont think that they were being honest, and I wanted to find out for myself.

If I have to, I will switch. But only if it's discontinued, obviously.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
It is by far the most popular fuel being used(and the best).
You should put a smiley after a statement like that... unless of course you have solid evidence that it's truly the "most popular" and "the best." I'll put a smiley after mine because I'm giving you a hard time, but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_words
Old 04-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

We deal with Horizon on a regular basis and I haven't heard anything about it. I also doubt it's the most popular fuel.....LOL
Old 04-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

maybe he just told you that so you would buy some of his primo traxxas fuel??
Old 04-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

maybe he just told you that so you would buy some of his primo traxxas fuel??
Exactly the type of retailer logic that I despise. I have worked behind a retail counter myself, all the while dealing with distributers and manufacturers directly. Not in the RC industry mind you, but I am wise to the way things work none the less.

Just because you can't make the profit margin you desire, is no reason to straightface B.S. your customers. The fact that there is a 2 foot diameter Losi logo right on the front door, would lead me to believe that the line is available to us, as customers. I have been in the store dozens of times, and usually leave empty handed. I know for a fact that they have never had Nitrotane on the shelves, but I saw no effort to even inquire as to wether they can get it or not. Even the smallest of rinky dink hobby stores I have been to, have been more than helpfull when I asked for something not on the shelves.

If it is being discontinued, I will just move on to another fuel. Still won't shop there though.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

when i first got into this hobby there was only one LHS that had the kind of race cars that i wanted. Well i didn't know much and he took advantage. I mean he told me the 086 pipe was for the vspec and got me to buy 2 chargers instead of 1. I hate to say it, but i still have to go there. But every time i need something i go there and look and he says "i will put the order in right now!" i say nah i ordered mine from amain a couple days ago

he thought i was a chump. Now he see's me with different rides and all the money i spend on motors, i know he is kicking himself
Old 04-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
News to me, but I don't run the stuff. Byrons gen 2 is by far the best fuel I've ever run. I hate to reinterate what you already heard, but maybe you should think about a different brand?
Yeah I use to run Byrons 30% too, till it jumped from 27 dollars a gal. to 36 a gal. from feb to april, WTF?
Old 04-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is Nitrotane being discontinued? Has anyone heard anything along these lines? Any inside scoop?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, but a LHS had 20-30 gallons on the shelf last week...........
Old 04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have heard nothing about the fuel being discontinued and I am a Nitrotane sponsored driver. As a matter of fact, I just received a case of fuel yesterday.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Yeah I use to run Byrons 30% too, till it jumped from 27 dollars a gal. to 36 a gal. from feb to april, WTF?
Man you are being overcharged, we sell 30% Byrons Gen 2 for $31 plus tax. I work at a hobbyshop and we did not see a price jump in Byron's fuel.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
Man you are being overcharged, we sell 30% Byrons Gen 2 for $31 plus tax. I work at a hobbyshop and we did not see a price jump in Byron's fuel.
Heck, I paid 35 bucks plus shipping for 20% from a local hobby shop before one of our big races last year. I almost had sticker shock, but it was the only shop that had Byron's left on the Island.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If you want to try other fuels, I'd go in this brand order:

Byron's
Morgan/Sidewinder
O'Donnel

Morgan (and everyone) is still pretty much aiming to beat Byron's Gen2; it's good stuff.

Amongst *racers* I dare say it's the most popular with Sidewinder now a real close second. Followed by Nitrotane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.