R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Sirio's CL3B + CL7B

Hi all!
Anyone 'got the guts' on these two engines? They seem to be great value for money, even if they are out dated?? Obviously the 7B would be a better performer, with the extra ports (i think) any good or bad experiences?? Would the 3B get longer run times? Let us know, pretty keen on either one of these, most likely the 7B. I will be putting it in a kyosho MP 7.5 Kanai 2.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adds033 View Post
Hi all!
Anyone 'got the guts' on these two engines? They seem to be great value for money, even if they are out dated?? Obviously the 7B would be a better performer, with the extra ports (i think) any good or bad experiences?? Would the 3B get longer run times? Let us know, pretty keen on either one of these, most likely the 7B. I will be putting it in a kyosho MP 7.5 Kanai 2.

Thanks in advance!!
Hi, I had 2 Sirio a CL7B & CL7B STI. both are awesome performers and will probably be great in the heavy Kanai buggy as they have tons of torque. the STI has a little better mileage.
From personal experience they don't give all until at least 3-4 gallons have been through them !!! And change bearings after around 2-3 gallons (I prefer Boca Ceramics).
If your track is not to big you can get away with running the 3 port as i've been told it has some what better mileage than the 5+2 of the CL7B.
hope this helps.
E-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote