R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default New Affordable Clutch Shoe Option

Well I'm sure many of you know Justin from Impulse R/C especially if your a Team Associated owner, he's been making shoes for the Team Associated style of clutch for quite some time and finally after receiving enough requests he's decided to start making a shoe for your normal mugen/ofna style clutch, as well as releasing a shoe for the Kyosho style clutches with the smaller pin diameter. Anyways below are some photos of the shoes after spending a gallon on my mugen mbx6t, these things hit hard and don't let go and the wear is better than anything else I've used on the market. I actually converted my vehicles to associated flywheels and clutch nut's prior to these just to run his shoes but with the release of these everyone should give em a try because at $11.99 a set there is no reason not to, the wear is the best I've ever used and the price is cheaper than any other shoe on the market. I'm sure once Justin spots me putting up pics of my prototype set of his shoes he'll chime in to answer any specific questions.

http://impulse-rc.com/

1 gallon on them and absolutely no burring of the edges.

Last edited by WideOpenThrottle RC; 04-09-2010 at 07:55 PM.
WideOpenThrottle RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What are the darker lines going through the shoes? Are they solid aluminum?
I use a three shoe clutch: 2 carbon w/0.9 springs and 1 aluminum w/1.0 spring to minimize wheel-spin.
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat-lll View Post
What are the darker lines going through the shoes? Are they solid aluminum?
I use a three shoe clutch: 2 carbon w/0.9 springs and 1 aluminum w/1.0 spring to minimize wheel-spin.
Just some glazing starting to form from the clutchbell, it was brand new as well as the shoes so it's no suprise that it's there. As for the exact make up of the shoe I'll let Justin cover that because I don't want to comment if I'm not 100% sure. I never have used carbon I just run standard aluminum and adjust spring weights as needed.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Looks good. Do you have a link. Also how do the springs look in shape, because I bought 2 sets of Answer Rc clutches unfortunately the springs are shaped all wierd so they end of rubbing against the clutch bell if you dont bend them correctly, so had to end up buying ofna springs which were perfect without touching them. If you have spring pics please post. Thanks.
mcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcion View Post
Looks good. Do you have a link. Also how do the springs look in shape, because I bought 2 sets of Answer Rc clutches unfortunately the springs are shaped all wierd so they end of rubbing against the clutch bell if you dont bend them correctly, so had to end up buying ofna springs which were perfect without touching them. If you have spring pics please post. Thanks.
http://impulse-rc.com/

The shoes haven't been listed on the website yet as I stated these are proto's but they will be going into production shortly. When we did the install we noticed the releif in the shoe where the spring set's needed to be moved about .030 to sit perfectly so this pic below doesn't show that change so the spring may look a touch angled.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hello Hello!

The material is 2024 Aluminium. This stuff is the shiz! It is the perfect balance between performance and wear! I build all of the shoes myself and have built over 15,000 clutch shoes with zero negative feed back. I am floored at the amount of return customers I have had in the last two and a half years I have been building these. Its pretty cool to kick back and watch top guys on liverc.com knowing that they are running my shoes.

As for the springs:
When the shoes become available on the site in the next few weeks, each brand will have its own shoe style. I wont compromise fit and finish just for a one size fits all kind of shoe. Each shoes style will use the manufacturer's springs and clutch nut. This helps keep costs down for the end user and insures fit and finish. No fancy anodizing, no fancy lazer etching, just outstanding machine work with an awesome long lasting great performing clutch shoe!

Any other questions?

Justin, Impulse-r/c

www.impulse-rc.com
Steebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steebo View Post
Hello Hello!

The material is 2024 Aluminium. This stuff is the shiz! It is the perfect balance between performance and wear! I build all of the shoes myself and have built over 15,000 clutch shoes with zero negative feed back. I am floored at the amount of return customers I have had in the last two and a half years I have been building these. Its pretty cool to kick back and watch top guys on liverc.com knowing that they are running my shoes.

As for the springs:
When the shoes become available on the site in the next few weeks, each brand will have its own shoe style. I wont compromise fit and finish just for a one size fits all kind of shoe. Each shoes style will use the manufacturer's springs and clutch nut. This helps keep costs down for the end user and insures fit and finish. No fancy anodizing, no fancy lazer etching, just outstanding machine work with an awesome long lasting great performing clutch shoe!

Any other questions?

Justin, Impulse-r/c
Hey,what about us losi drivers? You're hurtin' my feelin's!
off road god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by off road god View Post
+1, i would like to know also???
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

WOW!!! really nice numbers I just looked up Aluminum 2024 on wikipedia and this stuff is absolutely awesome!!
TopGearRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by off road god View Post
I knew this thread would spark that question
Old 04-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjqkz View Post
WOW!!! really nice numbers I just looked up Aluminum 2024 on wikipedia and this stuff is absolutely awesome!!
Yes it is, these shoes have worn better than any other clutch shoe I've ever ran which includes most manufacturer's shoes, cuz I've been known to switch rides on occasion
Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Losi shoes are in the works as well.

www.impulse-rc.com
Steebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i'll definitely have to give these shoes a try
TopGearRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steebo View Post
Losi shoes are in the works as well.
Well, you'll have all the bases covered then.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #15
Tech Regular

when you will add at your site for kyosho clutch ? and i can use the stock kyosho spring and stock clutch??And how about the performance? ok a solid shoe but performance? clutch bell wear?
also what about the weight? it will be heavier than the stock kyosho shoes or lighter so to take the correct spring
the_winner is offline   Reply With Quote