R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #31
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamike View Post
the clocked engines that are for sale. are they new modded engines? or are they used refurbs?
again thanx everyone for putting your own input . im still kinda new to all this rc stuff. do you think the pro .28 would be worth getting clocked? how would that stand up against a stock jpx or jl ??
They are all brand new !!!! and the Pro 28 is not worth getting modded...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #32
Tech Adept

how do i contact clockwork racing engines to do my motor. will he do mods on any motor or just certain ones. im looking at putting a new motor in my SC8 and maybe he could help me out. thanks

-2010 SC8 Shootout- 1st place winner
bonghitmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to snowman6869

get the werks b5.Awesome engine at a great price.Or if you want to spend a little money go with the eb modded js race prepped or full mod.Go to lucky7rc.com and check them out.Or you can get the werks on amain for 199
SAVOX
LUCKY7 RC FASTLANE GRAPHIX
snowman6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mazdamike

thanx again for everyones input
mazdamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #35
Tech Regular

if the motor gets modded or clocked as they say would that effect the life span of the motor?i mean how many gallons would a stock jpx last if it was only used for bashing? then a clocked jpx one last?sorry about all the questions .

Last edited by mazdamike; 08-08-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #36
Tech Adept

OS SPEED - Multi time world champs. And IMO face to face in race conditions - the FASTEST engine pound for pound..... Go hear and argue, then tell me the accomplishments for your pick.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Quote:
if the motor gets modded or clocked as they say would that effect the life span of the motor?i mean how many gallons would a stock jpx last if it was only used for bashing? then a clocked jpx one last?sorry about all the questions .

engine life is truly determined by the end user more then any other factor... If used correctly a modified engine can last longer then the stock counterpart, however just the same the modified engine can be more susceptible to damage if its used incorrectly.... The modified engines make significantly more power then the stock counterparts, they can be tuned to a slightly richer mixture and still make exceptional power, as well they tend to run cooler then stock...and usually when driving them in races you do not need to push them as hard...... However because the modified engines are capable of revving much higher then stock they can be more prone to damage if a person tunes lean and bags the heck out of the engine.....with the extra RPM the engine needs to be properly lubricated, as the higher the RPM the more prone to damage they become from misuse ... I have had modified Picco's run for 12 gallons when properly cared for, and I have seen guys kill an engine in the first half gallon....but that can be said about stock engines just as much as it can modified, as truly it is the ends user who controls the engines lifespan more then any other factor...
Old 04-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #38
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuming View Post
OS SPEED - Multi time world champs. And IMO face to face in race conditions - the FASTEST engine pound for pound..... Go hear and argue, then tell me the accomplishments for your pick.
I agree for the most part....as an all around race engine the OS Speed is hard to beat..However i was under the impression this fellow was looking for the all out fastest engine possible for his buggy....and in a side by side haul the modified Picco is significantly more powerful and faster then a stock OS Speed...I am by no means knocking a Speed as its an excelent race engine....
Old 04-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #39
Tech Regular

how much would a GRP .21 Turbo cost to get modded? would it be worth it? i might be able to get my hands on one that might need a rebuild.

Last edited by mazdamike; 04-14-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: mis spelled something
Old 04-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #40
Tech Master

I have the JP21 that was modded by RW Mods in Minnesota and it is OMG fast and allot of bottom. I have allot less money invested in it than much "better" engines and it out performs them. And easy to tune. Ran it all last season, had it rebuilt by Rex at RW (piston, sleeve, rod, bearings, and go thru the carb) and it's even better. And even this idiot (me) can tune it!
FLHX1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Use the Pro .28 as a paperweight for your manual. Its what I started with as well and it ended up making me pull out half my hair. If you are just going to be using this for bashing and not much racing which I believe you said earlier dont worry about buying the latest and greatest cuz you're going to kill it anyhow. I HIGHLY recommend this...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Standard-Plug
Its very reasonably priced and will haul balls....many people are discovering this hidden jewel and compare it easily to higher prices mills. Its super easy to tune and has a very solid amount of power...get a good pipe like a JP3 which will help you on the low end. Honestly man..unless you are made of money it is a very fast, reliable engine for half the price of some of the ones you are mentioning. Save your money for all those extra parts you are going to have to buy from bashing.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
how much would a GRP .21 Turbo cost to get modded? would it be worth it? i might be able to get my hands on one that might need a rebuild.
GRP is out of business, so no parts, also IMO it wouldnt be worth modding. i LOVED my GRP my favorite engine by far but the cost of modding a used engine isnt worth it IMO. also with there being no parts its throwing away money IMO because if your rod wears then your done, thats what happened to mine, it still had some pinch but rod wore slap out so its sitting there and cant be ran.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #43
Tech Regular

the serch is over and thanx again for everyones help. i picked up a werks .28 today. brand new got it for 160 shipped not bad i guess. is it true that i could only run werks 30% in this mill? any feedback?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #44
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I think the most powerful engine I ever had the pleasure of pulling the trigger on was a powerhouse modded GRP .28 That thing would almost twist the axels right off. I have never seen so much power.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #45
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I think the most powerful engine I ever had the pleasure of pulling the trigger on was a powerhouse modded GRP .28 That thing would almost twist the axels right off. I have never seen so much power.

How about a Clocked JPX.28 that Literally eats Jammin X2 Drive shafts for lunch.....User ended up pulling it due to Not being able to go down the strait with out a bone shearing or twisting...Now that's what i call RAW power.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote