Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVID vs Ready Rollers Bearings!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

just gonna throw this in here ali ....i am obviously biased as i am sponsered by mike and answer-rc usa ..but these bearings fort he kits and clutches and engines have done me well this year

it shows sold out but just contact mike via his contact info he can let you know when there back in stock

answer losi bearing kit

they are single seal teflon on one side like avids
Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ive been running ready roller for the past two years never have any issues at all with the bearings... ask anyone that runs them
Old 04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (83%+)

Originally Posted by dadsvtechonda
Ive been running ready roller for the past two years never have any issues at all with the bearings... ask anyone that runs them
Same here, I have been running them for a long time as well with no problems what so ever!!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My name is David Joor and I am the owner/founder of Avid Racing Concepts. I was told about this thread yesterday, typically I don't troll the forums because I would never get any work done but this seems to be a fairly direct thread so I will chime in.

I appreciate all the kind comments. Avid just released our Engine Bearing line last week (formal release coming soon). Travis Amezcua has been running them and they just won Pro Truggy and Open Buggy at this weekends RCP South RD 1. I also won 8th Electric Buggy at the 2009 RC Pro International Finals late last year, RCP Texas State RD 1, and RCP South RD 1 using my prototype ceramic bearings for the Tekin T8 line which will be released in May. And to top it off in May I will be releasing our Bearing Kits for vehicles with a twist that has never been done before in the world of Kits, so excited to finally reveal this soon. Don't forget that since Avid opened 7 years ago, there is a 30 day money back guarantee on all products.

If there is anything I can do to help feel free to hit me up.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

KWT-Nitro---- I am running ceramic in my buggy and stock in my truggy. lol. I know that doesn't help much.

The ceramics are ultra smooth and the stock bearings don't have that much more resistance. I'll probablly mostly run the stock bearings just for the added protection and ceramics when I know the conditions will be right.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't see much difference in cheap bearings when used in nitro offroad. Dirt will eventually get them.

I use AVID, Abec35 and lots of other and there is not real difference in them.

What is the point in car bearing kits when you dont replace bearings all at once but only when they go bad.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

The key is to replace BEFORE the bearings go bad. I replace ALL the bearings in my truck and buggy 2 times a year in bulk. I clean, re-lube and test all bearings after EVERY race day. If I dont like them, I will change. I use AVIDs with the yellow side for all bearing, except clutch. I use TKO special clutch bearing for mains over 30 mins and use regular dollar bearing for all else. And just to say, I know and race with a lot of good guys, all know what they are doing in this hobby. And not one of them, even if they pay 10 for a set of clutch bearings, would tell anyone they are getting 2 gallons on a set. Especially under race conditions. My rotation is: I run quailfers on 1 set of clutch bearing, Change them out for the lower mains and if I make the A I will change them out again. I dont throw them away I will reuse for practice until they are blown. I buy 20 sets of clutch bearings a year and so far with given some ways and not setting my mesh correctly, I have always had some left over.

I think it will boil down to customer service. And by reading the post - i would give both of these guys my business
Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default AVID +++

All i have to say is i've been a little lazy in replacing my Avid clutch bearing on my truggy for about three club race weekends including a State Series and every time I had to race I'd be thinking I'll replace the next weekend and so far they've held together for about almost a gallon.

Avid bearings has an awsome selection and inventory that I can count on and not to mention the Disc brakes they make are the best in the market IMO. The shipping is very fast, I alway get my stuff within a week.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Joor
My name is David Joor and I am the owner/founder of Avid Racing Concepts. I was told about this thread yesterday, typically I don't troll the forums because I would never get any work done but this seems to be a fairly direct thread so I will chime in.

I appreciate all the kind comments. Avid just released our Engine Bearing line last week (formal release coming soon). Travis Amezcua has been running them and they just won Pro Truggy and Open Buggy at this weekends RCP South RD 1. I also won 8th Electric Buggy at the 2009 RC Pro International Finals late last year, RCP Texas State RD 1, and RCP South RD 1 using my prototype ceramic bearings for the Tekin T8 line which will be released in May. And to top it off in May I will be releasing our Bearing Kits for vehicles with a twist that has never been done before in the world of Kits, so excited to finally reveal this soon. Don't forget that since Avid opened 7 years ago, there is a 30 day money back guarantee on all products.

If there is anything I can do to help feel free to hit me up.
Hey David,

never thought i would start a thread that would bring company owners to here more often

i like what you are sayin and will wait till may and see what you come up with, just one thing, when i first logged into your site, i was looking for car kits and couldnt find any, that means i have to buy bearings seperatly and man its a big hassle to do so. i think its better to have complete kits for the most popular buggies.

NOW, TIME FOR THE VERDICT

am buying a Ready Roller set and also an AVID set not to make both owners happy, but to be able to tell which is better through my own experience.

cheers

Ali
Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
just gonna throw this in here ali ....i am obviously biased as i am sponsered by mike and answer-rc usa ..but these bearings fort he kits and clutches and engines have done me well this year

it shows sold out but just contact mike via his contact info he can let you know when there back in stock

answer losi bearing kit

they are single seal teflon on one side like avids
A BIG BIG BIG +1
Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Hey David,

never thought i would start a thread that would bring company owners to here more often

i like what you are sayin and will wait till may and see what you come up with, just one thing, when i first logged into your site, i was looking for car kits and couldnt find any, that means i have to buy bearings seperatly and man its a big hassle to do so. i think its better to have complete kits for the most popular buggies.

NOW, TIME FOR THE VERDICT

am buying a Ready Roller set and also an AVID set not to make both owners happy, but to be able to tell which is better through my own experience.

cheers

Ali
Ali - In less then a month I will release our Kit program and it will be nothing like anything anyone has ever seen before. It has been an on off project of mine for 3 years. Attempted programming it 8 times and quit everytime because it was too hard and on the 8th attempt it all just finally clicked once I learned a few new programming languages. Heck I may just turn it on here today and slowly start adding kits to it. It has most of the popular one in it already.

Someone mentioned why do kits? The quick and simple answer is this, a lot of racers just don't know what is in their car and/or in a hurry.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

David... I for one will be eagerly awaiting the "bearing kit" release. I've been using AVID bearings since I got into the hobby and I won't be using anything else.

I need to get bearings ordered soon so for ME at least the sooner the better!

Get that function online!!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Joor
Ali - In less then a month I will release our Kit program and it will be nothing like anything anyone has ever seen before. It has been an on off project of mine for 3 years. Attempted programming it 8 times and quit everytime because it was too hard and on the 8th attempt it all just finally clicked once I learned a few new programming languages. Heck I may just turn it on here today and slowly start adding kits to it. It has most of the popular one in it already.

Someone mentioned why do kits? The quick and simple answer is this, a lot of racers just don't know what is in their car and/or in a hurry.
sounds great David, will surely order a set for my 8ight whenever you have them ready

Cheers

Ali
Old 04-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I hear a lot of top Pro's use Kyosho clutch bearings. I am new to nitro, so I have not tried any aftermarket ones, but I have a gallon through my stock Kyosho bearings and they are still mint.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
sounds great David, will surely order a set for my 8ight whenever you have them ready

Cheers

Ali
I have gone ahead and turned it on. This is in Beta mode and still some more programming to be done. I won't be making a press release about the FlexKit program until I feel comfortable with it and it has more kits available. That being said, you guys are the first to see this and it is the first of its kind in RC!

No better way to explain it then to see it for yourself. You won't believe the power of this thing and the options you have. http://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.