R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Unhappy Awesome new track 1/2 mile from home... no nitro :(

A brand new RC track just opened 1/2 mile from my house! It's called "Bashers". Indoor, air conditioning, nice pit area, cool track, great drivers stand, they sell parts and vehicles and rent cars, overall a really nice facility! So I go in to check it out, the track looks fun, owner is really nice, only a few guys there with the whole track to themselves! Well....no nitro allowed, electric only! I guess all the nitro smoke isn't good when your building is enclosed and air conditioned. Thanks for allowing me to vent!
MattFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

you know what i say if they dont, run nitro just go to a other track even know its local. thats what i would do if, i had a local track and nobody ran nitro. thats there lost
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFL View Post
A brand new RC track just opened 1/2 mile from my house! It's called "Bashers". Indoor, air conditioning, nice pit area, cool track, great drivers stand, they sell parts and vehicles and rent cars, overall a really nice facility! So I go in to check it out, the track looks fun, owner is really nice, only a few guys there with the whole track to themselves! Well....no nitro allowed, electric only! I guess all the nitro smoke isn't good when your building is enclosed and air conditioned. Thanks for allowing me to vent!

Just buy an electric its great to have something different for once. I've been a electric racer for 15 years and my nitro is the "get away form the norm" car when I feel like doing something different.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Just buy an electric its great to have something different for once. I've been a electric racer for 15 years and my nitro is the "get away form the norm" car when I feel like doing something different.
Buying an electric buggy would cut into my motocross and wakeboard budget, and we can't have that!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where is this track located?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 AM   #6
Tech Adept

It is on the east side of Riverside Dr. just south of Burns Rd in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. It looks like a commercial building, very little outside gives it away as a RC race track. By chance I found a thread here about it, I haven't read the thread yet but here's the link:

Basher's RC Raceway, Palm Beach Gardens
Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I feel your pain. We had a track open in this area a few weeks ago that's indoor, ac, and electric only. It's a killer facility so I went ahead and dropped the money on an electric truck and buggy.
Fortunately I don't need a new wakeboard or bindings this year and my bike is exactly how I want it. No budget needed for those sports this year.
pickle311 is offline   Reply With Quote